• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Adding Switches in Pokemon starter selection script

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2018
    I need help adding 3 switches in the starter selection script by shiney570.
    Each switch should be only enabled because selecting that certain pokemon.
    where do i ad $game_switches[ID] = true/false in this script for each pokemon selection.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just want to mention that the script saves the selection into $ game_variables [7], which is the starter variable (1 = first pokemon, 2 = second pokemon, 3 = third pokemon).
    The selected pokemon is set in a variable, so you can't just look for a set function for all three pokemon either.

If you're set on switches, you can make a case block. After$game_variables[7]=@select, add this:
    Code:
    case @select
    when 1
      $game_switches[ID1] = true
    when 2
      $game_switches[ID2] = true
    else
      $game_switches[ID3] = true
    end

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2018
    I just want to mention that the script saves the selection into $ game_variables [7], which is the starter variable (1 = first pokemon, 2 = second pokemon, 3 = third pokemon).
    The selected pokemon is set in a variable, so you can't just look for a set function for all three pokemon either.

If you're set on switches, you can make a case block. After$game_variables[7]=@select, add this:
    Code:
    case @select
    when 1
      $game_switches[ID1] = true
    when 2
      $game_switches[ID2] = true
    else
      $game_switches[ID3] = true
    end

Thanks it works!
    The reason am using switches is because i am using the pokeballs machine as an OW event and its much simpler to make the pokeball dissappear accordingly. :)

Back