• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] fishing/surfing battle background

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Hi to all, there is a way to change the battle background when someone do some action such as fishing or surfing?

if is possible i would can change the battle background when:
    -fishing
    -fishing while using surf
    -surfing
    -surfing in a cave

is possible? anyone can help me please?
    i use luka's elite battle system https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343665 )

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Surfing and fishing both use the same modifier for battle bases.
    It's "enemybase" + (area phrase) + "Water" + (time).png, "playerbase" + (area phrase) + "Water" + (time).png
    Area phrase is set as the BattleBack in the map's metadata, and the time is selected from the time of day, though it can be blank.

The wiki has a page about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Sorry vendily if that is a stupid post, i have see the wiki but i'm not very well with english and i gave problem to understand the wiki...

If i have correctly understand i must do battleground and call it "battlebgFieldEve.png"... all this?
    (I not use base)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes, it uses the field backdrop by default.
    If you have a map that is only water, you could set the BattleBack Metadata to Water.
    The default game comes with examples. The safari zone sets a BattleBack.
    Code:
    [068]
    # Safari Zone
    BattleBack=Forest
    MapPosition=0,12,12
    SafariMap=true
    Outdoor=true
    ShowArea=true
    And it uses battlebgForest.png, battlebgForestEve.png, or battlebgForestNight.png automatically.

And don't worry about stupid post or not.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    sorry Vendily, but i done some wrong and i dont't understand what.
    i don't use time sistem (luka's script change color of map and produce time effect).
    I have a map, where i have grass, and a lake.
    the BattleBack in the map's metadata if battlebgForesta.png; how i must call thee battleback for surfing? thanks

Back