• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Ruby Team (RMT)

Dragon_Reborn

Dragon Master
Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    Hello,this is my current ruby competitive team that I am thinking of using to link up against friends and possibly online battle with.My team is based on the "standard balance"team.Please feel free to suggest new pokemon,movesets and even add some criticism.Thanks in advance.

Lead
    Gyarados@Leftovers
    Ability:Intimidate
    Nature:Adamant
    EV's:68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
    -Hidden Power[Rock](I'm working on Hidden Power[Flying])
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    Taunt is the main reason I am using Gyarados as a lead pokemon.I will use Taunt to shut down set up pokemon like Skarmory from laying down Spikes and also shuts down Blissey well.Dragon Dance is obvious here as it will increase the speed and attack.For the time being,I am using Hidden Power[Rock]till I can Hidden Power[Flying].Hidden Power[Rock]isn't bad as it can be used to deal with one of the most common Gyarados counters,Zapdos.Also,Hidden Power[Rock]damages Skarmory and Aerodactyl fairly well too.Earthquake will allow Gyarados to hit anything no flying or ghost type effectively.

Physical Sweeper
    Salamence@Leftovers
    Ability:Intimidate
    EV's:116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
    -Hidden Power[Flying]
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    Dragon Dance is a must as it makes Salamence a more effective physical sweeper.Earthquake will hit anything not flying or ghost effectively.Rock Slide will help against common fliers like Zapdos and Aerodactyl.Hidden Power[Flying]will be used on things like Heracross and Medicham.

Physical Wall/Spiker
    Skarmory@Leftovers
    Ability:Keen Eye
    Nature:Impish
    EV's:252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spe
    -Drill Peck
    -Spikes
    -Rest
    -Roar
    First,I would lay down 3 layers of Spikes asap to start effecting switch ins.Roar will be used to help support Spikes in becoming effective and helps screw up any baton passer that may come into play.Rest is obvious to keep Skarmory walling longer.

Special Sweeper/Rapid Spinner
    Starmie@Leftovers
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Nature:Timid
    EV's:240 HP / 240 SpA / 28 Spe
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    Rapid Spin is a must to get rid of Spikes asap.Thunderbolt allows you to come in on other water pokemon without a problem such as Gyarados or Milotic.A STAB Surf helps deal with Tyranitar and Houndoom that may be packing a dark type move such as Crunch or Pursuit/Faint Attack.Recover is obvious as it keeps my Starmie sweeping longer.

Special Wall
    Blissey@Leftovers
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Nature:Bold
    EV's:204 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpA
    -Seismic Toss
    -Thunder Wave
    -Softboiled
    -Aromatherapy
    Thunder Wave is a must to spread paralysis and to slow down any physical sweeper that may come in on Blissey.Softboiled will be used when my Blissey is low.Aromatherpy when my team is all status up.Seismic Toss is amazing as it does continuous damage each turn which really helps Blissey out.

Mixed Sweeper
    Blaziken@Leftovers
    Ability:Blaze
    EV's:80 HP / 232 Atk / 196 Spe
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Slide
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    Blaziken is going to require alot of prediction due to its large amount of weakenesses.Sky Uppercut will be used against Blissey to shut her down.STAB Fire Blast/Overheat is for Skarmory.Predict Rock Slides and Swords Dance up when Salamence and Suicune(if they use)are down.

What do you think?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well if you are stacking Spikes then you are going to want an anti spin, id prolly shove in Dusclops or even Gengar or something. Probably over Starmie. Gengar would be better though on a more offensive team such as this.

DD Taunt Tar weak, extremely, ouch. Donphan could work over Blaziken possibly, since i mean it can Spin too now you have replaced Starmie.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest
    - Rock Slide

Also helps with DD Fire Blast Salamence who is an issue.

By this i dont really think water types will be more of an issue since you know Gyarados and Blissey own like all of them combined. Starmie doesnt even help with stuff like Suicune anyway since it just Calm Minds up in its face so whatever. Gyarados beats CroCune/Milotic 1 vs 1 anyway. As for non Stalk Cune just force it to Rest with Bliss then blow it away with Skarm. So i dont see as they are a problem tbh. Gengar can also T-Bolt stuff if you add it.

Anyways my adv is a little hazy at best, but yeah i hope this helps. ^^

Dragon_Reborn

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    Well if you are stacking Spikes then you are going to want an anti spin, id prolly shove in Dusclops or even Gengar or something. Probably over Starmie. Gengar would be better though on a more offensive team such as this.
    I think I could probably use a Gengar over Starmie since he can be used as a special sweeper as well.Just like you said above,Gengar can be used as a anti spinner.The only bad thing is I lose out on my Rapid Spinner.

DD Taunt Tar weak, extremely, ouch. Donphan could work over Blaziken possibly, since i mean it can Spin too now you have replaced Starmie.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Rest
    - Rock Slide

Also helps with DD Fire Blast Salamence who is an issue.
    Yeah,I was thinking about possibly replacing Blaziken with something else.Blaziken does have alot of weaknesses and requires alot of prediction.Donphan might work well in this situtation since if I drop Starmie,I will need a Rapid Spinner.

By this i dont really think water types will be more of an issue since you know Gyarados and Blissey own like all of them combined. Starmie doesnt even help with stuff like Suicune anyway since it just Calm Minds up in its face so whatever. Gyarados beats CroCune/Milotic 1 vs 1 anyway. As for non Stalk Cune just force it to Rest with Bliss then blow it away with Skarm. So i dont see as they are a problem tbh. Gengar can also T-Bolt stuff if you add it.
    Yeah,Taunt and being able to deal with Suicume/Milotic is the main reason I used Gyarados as a lead pokemon.The only reason that I choose Starmie was cause he was a pretty good special sweeper and was able to learn Rapid Spin which is vital for every team.Gengar could make a good replacement for Starmie as he is immune to Spikes and can deal with Skarmory with Thunderbolt.He also is immune to Rapid Spin which mostly every team has.

Anyways my adv is a little hazy at best, but yeah i hope this helps. ^^
    Thanks for the reply ^_^

Back