• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Ultimate Pokémon Showdown

Who's the better legendary? Mew or Mewtwo?

• Mew

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Mew vs Mewtwo! The two are very powerful psychic types found in Kanto. Mewtwo being said to be made out of Mew's DNA. Which one do you think is better, and why? Did you ever manage to obtain these Pokemon? (Mew requiring a glitch! :0) Discuss!
    95px-150Mewtwo_RB.png
    VS
    120px-151Mew_RG_2.png

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Mewtwo Strikes Back made me love Mewtwo so much. It always feels like I'm catching the anime's Mewtwo whenever I do.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Mew has base stats of 600(100 into each category) while Mewtwo has base stats of 680, most of which is in speed and special attack(even its normal physical attack is stronger than Mew's). The only area Mew has an advantage is in defense but Mewtwo's movepool is better and has the ultimate trump card in being able to Mega Evolve(from which it has two variants. First variant is a Fighting type, where its defenses rise to match Mew and its physical attack rises substantially. Other type is basically a godly Psychic Pokemon).

End result: Mewtwo in a land slide. I do like Mew but alas... Mewtwo wins the day in all generations.

Years
  • Mew has base stats of 600(100 into each category) while Mewtwo has base stats of 680, most of which is in speed and special attack(even its normal physical attack is stronger than Mew's). The only area Mew has an advantage is in defense but Mewtwo's movepool is better and has the ultimate trump card in being able to Mega Evolve(from which it has two variants. First variant is a Fighting type, where its defenses rise to match Mew and its physical attack rises substantially. Other type is basically a godly Psychic Pokemon).

End result: Mewtwo in a land slide. I do like Mew but alas... Mewtwo wins the day in all generations.
    When you put it like that, yeah Mewtwo definitely wins the contest. After all it was made to be the "Ultimate Pokemon".

Mew would definitely win a cute contest though haha.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • When you put it like that, yeah Mewtwo definitely wins the contest. After all it was made to be the "Ultimate Pokemon".

Mew would definitely win a cute contest though haha.

If cuteness contest was just between the two, then yes I'd agree. Expand it to all 151 Kanto Pokemon... Mew loses hard. I could name 3 Pokemon that I'd deem cuter than Mew, starting with Vulpix, Pikachu and Eevee. In any case, Mewtwo is the stronger of the two Legendary Psychic types precisely because it was created in a Lab to be stronger than its parent Mew.

Back