• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Your opinions and thoughts about Randomizers

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Just recently making one my self ( i luckly stayed at a exploitable Firmware at the time and still am) i came about the thoughts on what the community thinks about these hacks. for people who don't know these hacks can randomize the pokemon games for example Pokemon typing can be completely different like a mudkip could be fire not water, Water gun could be a bug type move and so on. even wild encounters are randomized (which is the main attraction of these hacks to most people).

As said before having recently made one here are my opinion about them
Pros
-They bring something different to a game we see familiar

Cons
-Steps to create them are rather long and tedious
-Xorpads are a pain to get at times( took me 5 trys in order to get the 7xExeFS Xorpad)

So what are your opinions about them?

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I've once seen a thread called "Randomizer Delta species challenge" on another forum, which aim was to Delta-convert the typings the same was it was done in some TCG set.

I've followed the process and managed to change all Pokemon typings and moves in a totally random manner.

The main thing that not pleased me at all was this :

All moves are randomized. Mening that even with the option <same type preferred> you have different movepools on each Pokemon from a single evolutionary line.

So... The "fun experiment" turned out pointless to me. I guess it's nothing but normal to have such a randomize effect but still it was a bit game-breaking (yerrr I'm lv. 10 and I have Ice beam or Body slam).

Next time I randomize something I'll surely stand to random encounters. Or randomize typings only and keep the existing movepools... but it would be too bad for all the STAB thing.

Back