• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Legendary Birds

Favorite legendary bird?

• Articuno

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Moltres

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Years
There are 3 legendary birds situated in spots all over Kanto. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Articuno the Ice/Flying type, resides in Seafoam Island.
Zapdos the Electric/Flying type, rests in the hidden power plant.
Moltres the Fire/Flying type, awaits in the Victory Road.

Spr_1b_144.png
Spr_1b_145.png
Spr_1b_146.png

What are your thoughts over them? Did you like their concept? Which legendary bird is your favorite?

I personally like Articuno the best. It's typing made it pretty weak to rocks, but I found it to have the most elegant and beautiful design. (Blue also is my favorite colour.)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Gotta be Articuno :) My childhood favourite! Articuno is found in like the most remote location though lol

Zapdos on the other hand? I really find it cool too so that would be my #2 :)

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Catching a legendary bird is always great. Articuno is my favourite of the three, there were so few ice types originally and its an elegant bird, but Zapdos comes close second. I liked the sidequest of finding Zapdos in the abandoned power plant.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Articuno is my real favorite, I like its design (blue is my favorite color), I had a hard time catching it but it was worth it in the end. :D

Zapdos is my second favorite, while its design it's a little bit too... sparky(?), I like how he does in battle.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I am the only one who voted for Moltres? That's sad.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I am the only one who voted for Moltres? That's sad.

Not any more :P. Moltres is no different than Charizard, arguably the favorite Fire Type of a lot of Generation 1 players. However, while I like its design(gives the feel of a Phoenix), its moveset is really undesirable when compared to other Fire Types. Its more of a Flying Type than an actual Fire Type Pokemon with just Fire Spin to its credit. Articuno learns 2 Ice Type moves(Ice Beam AND Blizzard) while Zapdos knows Drill Peck, Thundershock and Thunder(3 kick-ass moves). You'd have to teach Moltres Fire Blast to even give it an ounce of respectability from a Fire Type perspective(no Flamethrower) and that's what ultimately hurts it, hence explains why its in last place.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 24, 2017
Zapdos for sure because he was the only pokemon in the original Base Set

Back