• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I JUST CAUGHT A PIKACHU!!!

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    There must be something wrong with my download game then because the second pokemon that showed up was a Pikachu. Was chuffed to bits with that.

Same I honestly think the encounter rate is higher or something because I remember it being much harder to find on GB. I swear one in every ten encounters is a Pikachu. There are Pokemon with higher encounter rates that I remember consumed hours of my time trying to find. Like Magby in DPPt.

Years
  • I started a playthrough of Red for the first time yesterday, and Pikachu was my 5th or 6th encounter in the forest! I just figured encounter rates must have been higher in R/B because in FR/LG it always takes me forever to find one, but I guess I just got lucky for once!

Back