• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water/Electric Deck

TehQiGl

Feraligatr Mastah
Years
  • Hi everyone, I'm QiGl, and I just recently got into the TCG. My brother has helped me form a deck, and as it is my first one, I don't expect it to be that great. I've had a couple of wins and a couple of losses with it, but I've only gone up against my brother, boyfriend, and father. I've also got a few retired cards in the deck, but I am working to find up to date cards to replace those. :3

Pokemon
    Delcatty x1
    Feraligatr x1
    Glaceon x1
    Jolteon x1
    Phione x1
    Raichu x1
    Vaporeon x1
    Croconaw x2
    Chinchou x2
    Lanturn x2
    Pikachu x2
    Skitty x3
    Totodile x3
    Eevee x4

Trainer
    Dusk Ball x1
    Energy Search x4
    Potion x4

Supporter
    Buck's Training x2

Energy
    Water Energy x12
    Electric Energy x12

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I think the most glaringly obvious flaw of the deck is a lack of trainers. The most valuable cards in the pokémon TCG are those that let you retrieve or play cards in your deck, or if your deck is built for it, discard pile. You probably have a lot of energy because you have a lot of pokémon, and not enough trainers, but its a good idea to have less of those. Energy search is a good card for decks with a few type of energy so its good you have a few of those. Buck's training can be good, too.

To help people review your deck, it would be best to list what sets they're from, or try explaining any strategy you might have. Its hard to tell if a deck is good if you can't plainly see how someone would use its cards to their advantage, you know? For those reasons, its hard to rate exactly, but my criticism remains that you should add some trainers (especially those for searching), and take out some energy and pokémon.

Always great to see new players. Keep it up!

Years
  • A lack of trainers is one of the most glaring issues. I'd take out the families that aren't vital to your strategy, and replace them with trainer cards. Also, remove a few energy, and replace these with trainers as well.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • Take out some of you're Pokemon and put in Trainers. Definately use more Supporters. Some good ones are Bebe's Search (exchange a card in you're hand for a cad in you're deck), Professor Oak's Visit (put a card on the bottom of you're deck and draw three cards), and Buck's Training (I see you already have that).

Back