• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rom Hack Idea HELP????

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2019
I am very new to all of this and I am just pitch some ideas for a rom hack.

Story:
I really don't have much on this but here is a few ideas I have.
1. I like darker and deeper themed rom hacks.
2. In this rom hack, the player has a twin. Your twin would either be your rival or secretly be the boss of the evil team of the game.
3. I really like yandere characters in anime so maybe have a yandere character in the rom hack. (This is a BIG mMAYBE)
4. The evil team being after a Fairy Type legendary Pokemon (I would like to change some typings on pokemon like the legendary lake fairies to fairy typing)

Other things I would like in the game:
1. All Pokemon from Gen 1-7
2. A way to get rid of HMs
3. Maybe two regions
4. Pokemon following the player

Please let me know what you think of this idea and if you have anything to add.
Thank you ^^

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
This would be pretty difficult to pull off afaik, seeing as depending on the game, free space could become an issue, but there's definitely patches for most of what you're describing (Gens 1-7, Fairy type, etc) and getting rid of (the need for) HMs would be as simple as making a few quick tweaks to some of the maps (mostly just the ones that have Gyms). As far as making a nentir *second* region, IDK. That'd be limited by your creativity alone.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pro at this, this is just what I know from the info I've gathered in that last year or so, don't take this as 100% truth as new stuff could always come out (such as research or tools) that make all of what you're wanting a billion times easier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2019
This would be pretty difficult to pull off afaik, seeing as depending on the game, free space could become an issue, but there's definitely patches for most of what you're describing (Gens 1-7, Fairy type, etc) and getting rid of (the need for) HMs would be as simple as making a few quick tweaks to some of the maps (mostly just the ones that have Gyms). As far as making a nentir *second* region, IDK. That'd be limited by your creativity alone.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pro at this, this is just what I know from the info I've gathered in that last year or so, don't take this as 100% truth as new stuff could always come out (such as research or tools) that make all of what you're wanting a billion times easier.
Is there a patch for emerald? That is the game I am thinking of using.
I also understand that maybe not all of what I want will happen. I will surely try but if it doesn't work out. That's fine too. This is my first project. So I wouldn't have high hopes of everything happening.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2019
Normally I'd tell you to use pokeemerald, but since you're new you could check out stuff in my signature.
Funny enough, I was already looking at your stuff. You do amazing work ^^ I was wondering if you had any suggestions for replacing HMs

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Other things I would like in the game:
1. All Pokemon from Gen 1-7
2. A way to get rid of HMs
3. Maybe two regions
4. Pokemon following the player

1. You can use the Pokemon Fire Red 807 base. (Can't post a link yet because I'm too new.)
2. FBI's HM type-check hack removes the need for HM moves and replaces them with a type check.
3. That sounds like a lot of work, so you might want to scale it back to one region.
4. There are a couple FollowMe scripts around but I don't think anyone has ported all the HGSS sprites for following Pokemon.

Back