• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Fire Red Map Transition Text Glitch

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2022
    Hello,

I have encountered a strange graphical glitch where the map text in the top left hand corner of the screen seems to mess up some of the blocks behind it. So far the only modification to the game I have done is change Viridian's layout via AdvanceMap, with no changes to tileset, or added any scripts. It seems to only mess up the house tiles which would lead me to belive it's from the game not loading the second tileset properly, or being placed too close to the map edge. Would anyone with better knowledge be able to help out, or give advice into fixing / preventing this issue? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Glitch.jpg
      Glitch.jpg
      253.3 KB · Views: 13

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • It's less that the text in the upper corner is messing with it and more that the house tiles that are shown there are not a part of the same secondary tileset as what Route 1 had, and what that does is that when you are on route 1, it's loading the equivalent tiles that the Route 1 secondary tileset has instead of what Viridian City has there.

Edit: Basically, you'd need to move that house up by two or move it to the left by an entire house length.

Back