• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen EV Training

Trainer 766

I don't even know if you guys will answer this or even have a logical explanation for my confused state.

I was searching through Google to find out which Pokemon is suitable for EV Training.I saw the Serebii list,but I couldn't remember them all.So I searched "EV Training" on Google and this is the answer from Bulbapedia:
    Defeating a Mew grants 100 effort points to each EV. (Defeating 656 Mew, therefore, will give a Pokémon maximum EVs in each stat.)
    I don't know if this is true,but I still used the wild modifier code to grind with wild Mews.It wasn't long until I doubted it and search Mew in PokemonDatabase(pokemondb) and it said Mew yields 3 HP effort points.Can someone solve this confusion?I know Mew has a total base stat of 600,so I wouldn't mind if it gives off 100 effort points(which I'm pretty happy about it)but when I levelled up my mons after battling bunch of Mews,I realised that the HP stats increased much more than the other stats.Does anyone has the true answer.Help is always appreciated.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Mew only gives you 3HP effort values. New does have 100 base stats across the board, so that's where they likely got it from.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I don't even know if you guys will answer this or even have a logical explanation for my confused state.

I was searching through Google to find out which Pokemon is suitable for EV Training.I saw the Serebii list,but I couldn't remember them all.So I searched "EV Training" on Google and this is the answer from Bulbapedia:

I don't know if this is true,but I still used the wild modifier code to grind with wild Mews.It wasn't long until I doubted it and search Mew in PokemonDatabase(pokemondb) and it said Mew yields 3 HP effort points.Can someone solve this confusion?I know Mew has a total base stat of 600,so I wouldn't mind if it gives off 100 effort points(which I'm pretty happy about it)but when I levelled up my mons after battling bunch of Mews,I realised that the HP stats increased much more than the other stats.Does anyone has the true answer.Help is always appreciated.

Since all of Mew's base stats are 100, and 100 multiplied by 656 - the number the parentheses specify will give max EVs in each stat - equals 65600, a number that's higher than 65535/65536, it's likely that quote is talking about EV training in Gen I, since the modern day EV system didn't come about until Gen III.

Back in Gen I (and II), you could obtain "stat experience", the ye olde effort value. You'd obtain stat experience equal to the base stats of the Pokemon that you defeated, and stat experience would max out at 65,535/65,536 (I'm not sure which). Unlike with EVs, you could max out your stat experience in every single stat, which is also another hint that the quote above is referring to Gen I/II.

Trainer 766

Since all of Mew's base stats are 100, and 100 multiplied by 656 - the number the parentheses specify will give max EVs in each stat - equals 65600, a number that's higher than 65535/65536, it's likely that quote is talking about EV training in Gen I, since the modern day EV system didn't come about until Gen III.

Back in Gen I (and II), you could obtain "stat experience", the ye olde effort value. You'd obtain stat experience equal to the base stats of the Pokemon that you defeated, and stat experience would max out at 65,535/65,536 (I'm not sure which). Unlike with EVs, you could max out your stat experience in every single stat, which is also another hint that the quote above is referring to Gen I/II.

So Mew only gives off 100 effort points in Gen I or II?What a bummer.Thought I'll be having decent Mons by grinding against Mews.Oh well,still found a shiny though.Thanks for the info.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    It's 100 for each stat, which isn't that bad, really, unless you wanna raise a specific stat (which, I'm not sure why you would, since you can max out every stat).

Trainer 766

It's 100 for each stat, which isn't that bad, really, unless you wanna raise a specific stat (which, I'm not sure why you would, since you can max out every stat).
    The thing is I'm playing Gen 3 games,and the EV system is completely overhauled into 252 max EVs per each stat.Not to mention the EV gains from every mons had been reduced from base stats converted to 1 or 2 EV for each stat.

Back