• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey! Grant here!

G is for Grant

10th-yr Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Hey everyone! I'm Grant!

I've been playing Pok?mon for 10 years now. My Aunt introduced me to Pok?mon with my first game, Pok?mon Pearl, and I've been playing ever since!

I tend to read every single bit of dialogue, talk to every single character, battle every trainer, fill the Pok?dex, actually read the Pok?dex entries, trade, breed and then some!

Anyway, I'm not sure what else to put here! So, I'll finish off by saying this... I intend to be an active and positive addition to this community to the best of my ability!

Thank you for your time!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm so is Sinnoh your favorite region or does another region hold more sway? Seen the Anime? Divulge more Pokemon info as they say.

G is for Grant

10th-yr Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Hmm so is Sinnoh your favorite region or does another region hold more sway? Seen the Anime? Divulge more Pokemon info as they say.

Ah, thanks for asking this! I've always been very loyal to the Sinnoh region! It is in fact my favourite region and I love the Sinnoh Pok?mon! It just feels like home to me! I find it very refreshing to play the Gen 4 Sinnoh games!

Even though Sinnoh will always be my home and hold a special place in my heart...I have always felt a certain connection with Hoenn! I've always been the most interested with Hoenn and it's Pok?mon! I've always really want to play the original Gen 3 games, though sadly I only have the Gen 3 remakes. I'm not sure why I feel a connection to Hoenn...I just always have.

I absolutely love Kanto and Alola as well! I had trouble starting the Alola games because of the Island Challenge as I found it just didn't feel like Pok?mon without Gyms! I bought Pok?mon Sun and then Pok?mon Ultra Sun when they came out... however I only started playing them in the last month as I had just replaced my 3DS XL with a 2DS XL so I figured why not? I've finished Ultra Sun. Now I've bought Pok?mon Ultra Moon and I am going through it now! I'm also playing through Pok?mon Red as well, I was rather surprised to find it in the Nintendo eShop!

Finally, as for the watching the anime, my brother and I are currently doing a Pok?mon Marathon!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ah, thanks for asking this! I've always been very loyal to the Sinnoh region! It is in fact my favourite region and I love the Sinnoh Pok?mon! It just feels like home to me! I find it very refreshing to play the Gen 4 Sinnoh games!

Even though Sinnoh will always be my home and hold a special place in my heart...I have always felt a certain connection with Hoenn! I've always been the most interested with Hoenn and it's Pok?mon! I've always really want to play the original Gen 3 games, though sadly I only have the Gen 3 remakes. I'm not sure why I feel a connection to Hoenn...I just always have.

I absolutely love Kanto and Alola as well! I had trouble starting the Alola games because of the Island Challenge as I found it just didn't feel like Pok?mon without Gyms! I bought Pok?mon Sun and then Pok?mon Ultra Sun when they came out... however I only started playing them in the last month as I had just replaced my 3DS XL with a 2DS XL so I figured why not? I've finished Ultra Sun. Now I've bought Pok?mon Ultra Moon and I am going through it now! I'm also playing through Pok?mon Red as well, I was rather surprised to find it in the Nintendo eShop!

Finally, as for the watching the anime, my brother and I are currently doing a Pok?mon Marathon!

Good to hear. Let me know when you finish watching all 1k+ Episodes(no small task). Any thoughts on LGPE? Got a favorite Pok?mon?

G is for Grant

10th-yr Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Good to hear. Let me know when you finish watching all 1k+ Episodes(no small task). Any thoughts on LGPE? Got a favorite Pok?mon?

Sure will! Honestly, I haven't looked much into to LGPE, been busy with Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. As for my favourite Pok?mon... there's so many to choose from but if I had to choose just one, I'd have to say Muk!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Sure will! Honestly, I haven't looked much into to LGPE, been busy with Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. As for my favourite Pok?mon... there's so many to choose from but if I had to choose just one, I'd have to say Muk!

LGPE is basically going back to Kanto with a redone Pokemon Yellow. In Pokemon Yellow your rival had Eevee while you started with Pikachu. This time around though, if you get Eevee version, you get to have Eevee as your partner. The only difference is you can't evolve Eevee. Same deal with Pikachu or how it was in Pokemon Yellow. The version exclusives are also somewhat similar to Red/Blue with Oddish, Growlithe and Sandshrew as Pikachu version exclusives while Bellsprout, Meowth and Vulpix are Eevee version exclusives. The reason Sandshrew and Vulpix are version exclusives is due to the fact they're implementing Alolan variants into the Kanto Pokedex. This is due to the fact the Kanto Pokedex has glaring holes in the Type Chart. Without Alolan variants, there would be no Dark Types and just two Steel Types(Magnemite and Magneton). There's also just 1 Dragon and Ghost line too(wherein Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Marowak will yield a bit more diversity there).

vulpix.png
    <- my favorite. If you want something fun to do on this Forum, feel free to drop by here: Fire Type Emblem. Its a mixture of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Fire Emblem(if you've ever played it that is. I haven't but it doesnt deter me). We're in intermission and will take new signups. If interested, NFE's are preferred and obviously not Ultra Beasts, mythicals or legendary Pokemon. Since your favorite Pokemon is Muk, Grimer would work.

Years
  • Hi Grant! Oh man you seem like an insanely dedicated player and I lovelove to see that. I used to talk to every NPC in the game but after a while it got a bit exhausting hah.

Welcome. <3 Glad to hear you've been enjoying the seventh generation games; makes me more motivated to pick my 3DS back up and play myself. Still got a bit of post-game to go through, as well as finishing the Alola dex in Ultra Sun.

Have a very lovely time here ~

G is for Grant

10th-yr Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Hi Grant! Oh man you seem like an insanely dedicated player and I lovelove to see that. I used to talk to every NPC in the game but after a while it got a bit exhausting hah.

Welcome. <3 Glad to hear you've been enjoying the seventh generation games; makes me more motivated to pick my 3DS back up and play myself. Still got a bit of post-game to go through, as well as finishing the Alola dex in Ultra Sun.

Have a very lovely time here ~

I do my best! Also, yeah it can get very exhausting if you've already read it, you're tired or such.

Thanks! Yeah, Gen 7 is pretty fun! May I ask what your main team is?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Grant! Welcome to the forums! Hope your pokemon marathon is going well for you. n_n

also your avatar is hilarious, lol

Years
  • I actually don't have one atm since I beat the main story and have many mons I circle through. They vary but right now I have shiny Whimsicott, shiny Ampharos, Serperior, and Silvally sitting on my team but am also working on IV breeding Raichu and Primarina to add to it. Transferred my precious babies over from previous games haha. \o/

Last edited:
    Back