• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Attacking asleep Pokemon in TCG

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2018
    If my opponent's Pokemon is asleep, may I attack it? Mareep has an ability to put my opponent's active Pokemon asleep, can I then attack that same Pokemon? Are asleep Pokemon imune to damage decause the card is turned?

Years
  • If my opponent's Pokemon is asleep, may I attack it? Mareep has an ability to put my opponent's active Pokemon asleep, can I then attack that same Pokemon? Are asleep Pokemon imune to damage decause the card is turned?

Asleep Pokemon still take damage from attacks. The only times Pokemon don't take damage from attacks (before applying weakness and resistance) is if there's an Ability/PokePower in play that prevents it, an attack's effect that specifically blocks it for that turn (as in, they used an attack the previous turn that prevents damage), or there's a Pokemon Tool blocking that damage.A card being in a different physical state in the active spot does not mean it cannot receive damage. A card being in a turned position in the active spot does not mean it cannot receive damage.

TL;DR: You can attack it and damage it.

Back