• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Does the dialogue box work with text more than 2 lines?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    ... or do I have to always use \p and find a way to split my text up? I just want to know if it scrolls or does the third get printed off the screen?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Use the text adjuster in XSE, if that's the scripting program you're using. It'll help a lot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Use the text adjuster in XSE, if that's the scripting program you're using. It'll help a lot.

yes I am but it keeps using \l for extra lines and I want to make sure that more than the first 2 lines will show up

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    yes I am but it keeps using \l for extra lines and I want to make sure that more than the first 2 lines will show up

I don't think there is a way to do that unless you discover it by yourself

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • yes I am but it keeps using \l for extra lines and I want to make sure that more than the first 2 lines will show up
    If you put something in the xse text box like this:

Code:
    Blah blah blah line 1
    Blah blah blah line 2

Blah blah blah line 3

(Notice that space in between line 2 and 3) It'll automatically give you a \p for line 3 instead of \l.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Compile this script

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @inizio
    lock
    fadescreen 0x3
    writebytetooffset 0x2 0x20204B6
    writebytetooffset 0xE 0x20204B8
    msgbox @mess1 0x6
    writebytetooffset 0xF 0x20204B6
    writebytetooffset 0x4 0x20204B8
    fadescreen 0x2
    release
    end

#org @mess1
    = Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra\nvita mi ritrovai per una selva\n\noscura che la diritta via era\nsmarrita...

How it work?

- fadescreen 0x3 to fix a little bug
    - writebytetooffset 0x2 0x20204B6 coordinata y textbox
    - writebytetooffset 0xE 0x20204B8 textbox height
    - in the text you put \n in any paragraph and \n\n every two paragraphs to fix a bug. To change page \l and after \n if you want to write other
    - writebytetooffset 0xF 0x20204B6 normal coordinata y
    - writebytetooffset 0x4 0x20204B8 normal height
    - fadescreen 0x2 normal screen

Finish...

Last edited:
    Back