• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
Years
sorry for the lateness on this response but yes these do seem fair although here are a few others I would suggest doing:

Yanmega to bug/dragon
Glalie to Ice/steel
Staravia/staraptor to Fighting/flying
electivire to electric/fighting
magmortar to fire/psychic
noctowl to psychic/flying
zangoose to dark/normal
sudowoodo to grass/rock

i like these ideas. I've always wondered why Noctowl wasn't psychic type.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Thanks Neko, I hope Metal flygon puts some of these into the mod. While i'm at it, Metalflygon, if you want I would love to beta test for you if you still need it.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Moves Have been Changed
MegaPunch\Kick are now Fighting
Feint is a physical Aura Sphere
Strength is a Fighting type attack that may boost DEF
Cut is a Bug type attack with chance of Flinch
Horn Drill (now Ground), Sheer Cold, Petal Dance, Outrage, Guillotine (now water) Why is Guillotine WATER?, Zap Cannon, and Dynamic Punch are all elemental Double-Edges So Fissure is the only 1hko? Also, I'mma miss Outrage and zap cannon :(
Fissure is now Level Ground So, did you just change the name?
Crush Claw is Rock interesting change...
Magma Storm is an Elemental Earthquake with less power but traps, and has been distributed to more Pokemon.
Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, and Bind(now Grass) have more power.
RazorWind is now a Flying type Twister with more power I only liked the animation of RazorWind :P Is it changed?
Crush Grip is now a 120 BP move with high Flinch rate learned by more pokemon looking at the description of Crush Grip, fair enough
Hyper Beam/Giga Impact got boosted to 200 BP I'm guessing BP is Base Power and not Battle Points?
Seed Flare and Aura Sphere are learned by more pokemon
Double Hit is Dark I don't mind, but and specific reason for Dark?
U-Turn is now a bug-type Baton Pass Not much changed :P (It keeps its priority, right?)
The Elemental Hyper Beams are now 90BP moves with 100% accuracy, and a Rage-Effect, aka, they get more powerful each time you've been hit :O
Rock Blast is now like Knock Down
and more I can't remember atm.
So, no more signature moves for 4th gen legends?
Comments in Bold.

Also, can we have another choice of evolving Slowpoke? :/
I know you planned to release a "Beta" when you finish everything, but why not one at the 1/2 or 3/4 mark?

(Rampardos -> Ground/Fighting?)

Great progress, nonetheless.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Looks great, can't wait for the release. May I suggest giving Flareon more physical attacks? It's the one thing that's bugged me for years that Game Freak never fixes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
I't looks amazing! great job metal flygon!

By the way what legendaries dont have a location as of yet?

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
Hey metal flygon, I think it would be a good idea to remove pokemon like starters from the wild and put them and various other pokemon in the game as overworlds. for example you could make a special overworld Aron with headsmash early in the game in dark cave.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
im a nubcake so i only know how to play hacks of gba games. can somebody tell me how to on nintendo ds games? i would really apreciate it

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Sorry about the wait, I crashed my rom -_- so I have to work from my backup, thankfully only a little hs been pushed back, script editing with HGSS can be buggy, last time I edited trainers I forgotto extracttheScript data, resultingn corrupted data in ppre...

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
OK, I've recovered the sprites and Trainers back into the game, now I have to redo the Scripts, anyone remember what narc is the script? isn't it a/0/1/2? since editing the trainers with ppre glithes up the script, I'll just reinsert the unaltered script and then change what needs to be changed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
the script is in a/0/1/1 did you add the starter overworlds like i suggested? also I found out how to add shiny overworld battles like gyarados. it goes
WildBattle2 natid level coloring. for non shiny the number is 0 and shiny is 256
sudowoodo: WildBattle2 185 20 0
shiny gyarados: WildBattle2 130 30 256

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I new that curtisy of a youtube vid, which is where I learned scripting, for some reason still, movements don't work right for me... hrm, anyways, I'm going to have to do beta's since I was set back, beta 1 will be out tonight sometime, it goes to Azelea Town.

And the OW battles are in progress, Union Cave has an Aron battle, nothing special about it 'cept, Aron's hard to find.

One sarter's going into Ilex Forest, also, once you get the Radio (not until Beta 2) use it everywhere, the Radio Pokemon are Rare.

Atm Lyra still just disapears after battle, that'll have to wait...

Get your clean HG roms ready!

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Here's somthing new for you all!

Beta 1, goes all the way to the end, HOWEVER! The OW scripts are unfinished, so I've dubbed Beta 1 as Heart Gold X, and the Beta 2 (which will have the script changes) will be Heart Gold DX.

The only spec iirc is that it must be an English ROM, the .ips is attached to this post.

ALSO DO NOT TALK TO LYRA ON ROUTE 29! IT'S LEFTOVER THAT WILL FREEZE UPON TALKING TO!
LOOK HARD AND LONG ON EACH ROUTE, THERE ARE LOTS OF POKEMON VARIETY!
EARLY ON THERE ARE PHANPYS TEDDIURSAS AND LARVITAR EARLY ON YOU CAN FIND THEM!
PIKNIKER LIZ SAYS NOTHING, DO NOT WORRY WHEN SHE BATTLES YOU!

Last edited:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
is the ips working for anyone? I didn't have xdddelta at the time, so now I've got it, and now I have to figure it out...

AdamReina467

The Dimention Bender
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
I tried the ips file. When I tried to open it, it said "This is NOT an IPS File!"

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Ok, I'll have to remedy that when I get back home, (really wish I could just direct link to rom...)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
While I figure out the patch situation, an update.

I did some Beta Testing and here's my team after the 8th Badge

iaza19739485692800.gif

Typhlosion (Fuego)/New Bark Town
Lv. 38(didn't get any action in the battle)
Blaze
Quick Attack
Nasty Plot*
Slack Off*
Lava Plume

Rosrade (Rose)/Route 29
Lv. 39 (budew evolves at level 18, Roselia at 38)
Poison Point
Giga Drain (now 80 base power)
GrassWhistle (now 75 acc)
Leech Seed
Sludge (gained while it was a budew)

Ursaring (Theodore)/Route 46
Lv. 38
Reckless (new ability, from Teddiursa's with Pickup, also gained many recoil moves to it's level up set, like Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Submission, and can be tutored Wood Hammer)
Crunch
Headbutt
Submission*
Dig

Nidoking (Mr. Nido)/Route 30
Lv. 37
Mold Breaker (new ability, from Nido's with Rivalry)
Drill Peck*
Sharpen*
Poison Tail*
Strength (Now a fighting type attack, with chance to boost Atk)

Scyther (Blake)/Ilex Forest
Lv. 39
Technician
Cut (now a base 60 bug type attack)
Leaf Blade*
Wing Attack (now a base power 30 double kick)
Swords Dance

Vaporeon (Aeris)/Goldenrod
Lv. 38
Water Absob
Ice Beam
Surf
Shadow Ball
Healing Wish (now acts just like recover)

*-New move to moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back