• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dog Kennel . . . Who Let the Dogs Out?! Dog Lovers Fanclub

Years
  • I currently have a Greyhound named Gru, and before Gru I had a mix breed named Nala. As best I can figure she was potentially as much as half greyhound, and also Lab, Pointer, and Rhodesian Ridgeback. My family has also had two Maltese, Sicily who I barely remember at this point, and Sophie, a very small Maltese who was the size of a puppy her whole life. When my twin and I were babies, my mom and dad apparently also had a Cocker Spaniel named Fred and a Pomeranian named Peaches, but I don't remember them at all.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love dogs. I uploaded a video of mine.

Her name is Jade. She's a two year old cross between a pitbull and a lab. The video was basically an every morning thing. I wake up to find her upstairs.

Years
  • I thought I would share a picture of my beautiful, gentle Prince. I took this on Christmas Day. He got a reindeer toy as a Christmas gift, and looked the part by wearing a pair of fabric antlers on his head.

I have see some delightful videos and photos in this thread, and have heard some great stories about canine friends from all around the world, and want to say bless Jade, Gru the Greyhound, the twin pups Apollo and Hades, and the pets of everyone here.

I want to make a special dedication to my friend Jo who recently lost a precious furry friend this winter season, and send some extra love their way and leave a card for a wonderful canine named Tucker. Rest in peace dear little one. A hug and paw print on Jo's shoulder, and picturing Tucker getting an ear rub and his favorite snack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tonight I suddenly find myself strongly missing our pomeranian.

Her health quickly deteriorated. We left her with a veterinarian and expected a recovery. She suddenly passed away and we didn't make it in time to be with her in those final moments. In cruel fashion, she passed away right before christmas that year. We had to take back a bone we got her.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Tonight I suddenly find myself strongly missing our pomeranian.

Her health quickly deteriorated. We left her with a veterinarian and expected a recovery. She suddenly passed away and we didn't make it in time to be with her in those final moments. In cruel fashion, she passed away right before christmas that year. We had to take back a bone we got her.

I so sorry. :( I know how you feel. My dog died on Christmas last year and even though it's been two months I'm just.. not over it at all. I've actually been putting off looking at this thread because I was afraid of it making me sad, but truthfully, reading all the posts about how adored these pets are brings me a nice level of comfort, you know?

Years
    • Seen today
    I so sorry. :( I know how you feel. My dog died on Christmas last year and even though it's been two months I'm just.. not over it at all. I've actually been putting off looking at this thread because I was afraid of it making me sad, but truthfully, reading all the posts about how adored these pets are brings me a nice level of comfort, you know?

I love dogs unconditionally. They make me happy for some reason.
    Spoiler:

Already posted our lab/pitbull but here she is again

My condolences for your dog. Best wishes for your healing.

Years
  • My dog is undergoing another biopsy today for a swelling found on his mouth. I'm waiting for news back from the vet, hopefully it's good news for the prince of dogs. He had a kind of biopsy two years ago, when there was a growth found on his leg, which turned out to be just a benign tumor that the doctor didn't recommend removing, it's all fat, not malignant.

He's been in decent health since then, still goes on walks to the park every day, and car rides, has a hardy appetite and is more affectionate than ever, and seems to be full of life, so I am hoping that this will also be a similar situation, and my greatest wish today is to hear in a few hours that the bump on his mouth is also not cancerous, and get a phone call to come pick him up.

From what I have researched it's not uncommon for senior dogs to develop these kind of harmless tumors, and if they get one, then over time they often appear in other places, so that has given me some comfort that this might not be serious. He is still getting up there in years though, and the risk of health problems rises with age, and more so with big breeds, like he is. Though my prince looks good to me, sometimes both animals and people don't display many symptoms of illness, when they are sick. I feel he should be okay, but you never know for sure until that exam is over. I also hate that he has to be anesthesized for the procedure, even though I am told it's a mild one, it's never 100% risk-free.

Remember my sweetie today. I want him to come home, and be in great health on his return. He's in my thoughts every minute now. I hugged and covered him with kisses before his appointment, and am on the edge of my seat, awaiting a message from old Dr. Jeffers that everything went well.

Back