• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: I have a concern about the big PC update

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Will my posts carry over when the forums update? I'm worried about losing some really important threads I don't have saved anywhere else.

I have backups on Wayback machine just in case everything is wiped, but I just wanted to know if everything will be saved when we upgrade to I assume Xenforo.

Years
  • Will my posts carry over when the forums update? I'm worried about losing some really important threads I don't have saved anywhere else.

I have backups on Wayback machine just in case everything is wiped, but I just wanted to know if everything will be saved when we upgrade to I assume Xenforo.

No worries — all posts, threads, and VMs will be ported to xenForo. We're also ensuring that all existing custom CSS/BBCode in posts is carried over. :D

The developer in question does vBulletin-to-xenForo migrations as a full time job and has for ages, so he's definitely someone we can trust to bring PC's twenty years of content over.

Last edited:
    Back