• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: The Camry Legend

Years
  • Pokémon: The Camry Legend
    In the Camry Region, a region known for its old tales, two ancient dragons have emerged.
    In the end, there can only be one dragon slayer. You, the player... Or the Dragon Slayer himself!
    One Trainer must collect the Six Emblems of the Camry Region and become the Summit King atop the highest mountain, Snowdown Mountain!
    The region shares no correlation to the car of the same name
    (Note: This game was released on December 16th, 2018 on Relic Castle.)
    (Another note: There is a sequel - The Camry Legend 2!)
    kCGzeZa.png

Tools I used
    RPG Maker XP
    Pokémon Essentials v17

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

New Features in The Camry Legend
    Skilled Mode - Optional method of playing where enemy Pokémon are scaled depending on your team! Wild Pokémon are affected, too.
    Grinding spot - A Trainer in Lucena Town can be battled once daily. With two Blissey, plenty of Exp. can be gained!
    Mach Pizza - A pizza delivery service that will deliver HP-restoring pizza anywhere you are!
    The Move Master - Can be called anywhere and can relearn moves and change nicknames!
    Camry Help Desk - Can be called for $500. They will tell you where to go next or where you are currently at!
    Advanced Pokédex - Will let you see extra info on Pokémon you've caught, such as its Abilities, area, evolution method, learnset, and more!
    Zodiac Signs - All Pokémon have Zodiac signs, and special abilities associated with them!
    Following Pokémon! Enjoy your journey with your buddy following you!
    Master Trainers - After beating the main game, select Pokémon can be used to battle for Master Titles!
    Quicksave - Quicksave the game anytime, quickly! Default key is 'V'. Can be changed in Options menu.
    New TMs. HMs no longer exist. Previous HMs have been changed to TMs!

Download
    Newest Version (Released December 31st)
    Download HERE!

Bugfix List
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The zodiacs Soulmate and Voyager are listed twice under the pokegear's zodiac list

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    No idea why but when reached snowdown mountain, saved then closed the game for the night
    When i started the game up again i was unable to encounter wild pokemon at all anywhere anymore
    Redownloading game files didnt change it either so im confused what happend

Years
  • No idea why but when reached snowdown mountain, saved then closed the game for the night
    When i started the game up again i was unable to encounter wild pokemon at all anywhere anymore
    Redownloading game files didnt change it either so im confused what happend
    This is an interesting problem. I will look to see the problem. I think I have an idea why, so I will get back if I have a fix soon.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    If I remember the script correctly, I set it to randomly choosesthe birthsigns at random when starting the game. So it is possible to get the same ones.

….Great now I have to restart to try to get a different set meaning I have to sit through the long intro just to get the starter again...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I appreciate it, it doesn't make sense to have multiples of the same zodiac sign. I like the idea of a randomized set of zodiac signs but it shouldn't make multiples. I have a great Eevee which would be an outstanding Flareon and I really don't want to restart as it was a pain to get a Eevee with good nature and IVs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2022
    So I love the game. But I seemed to have encounter a glitch where the pokemon don't follow you. and this has a major effect because I can't interact with anyone or the game crashes.

I don't wanna have to restart the game but I have no clue how to fix it.

it happened after all of my pokemon fainted and I was sent back to the pokemon center.

Years
  • So I love the game. But I seemed to have encounter a glitch where the pokemon don't follow you. and this has a major effect because I can't interact with anyone or the game crashes.
    I don't wanna have to restart the game but I have no clue how to fix it.
    it happened after all of my pokemon fainted and I was sent back to the pokemon center.
    Yes, I have noticed this glaring bug. In The Light in Our Hearts, I fixed this bug, so I will add the fix to this one, too. Expect a fix later tonight!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    Note: Version 1.1 fixes the pokemon non-encounter for Snowdown Mountain but this version will change your game play to hard mode. I was playing on regular mode but after downloading this version to fix the glitch, all of the sudden, on my way to victory road, the pokemon encounters were always 1 level higher than my highest level pokemon. This described what hard mode was about and I didn't want to play hard mode when I started this game. I can't even use a max repel now since it's worthless in this mode because of this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Note: Version 1.1 fixes the pokemon non-encounter for Snowdown Mountain but this version will change your game play to hard mode. I was playing on regular mode but after downloading this version to fix the glitch, all of the sudden, on my way to victory road, the pokemon encounters were always 1 level higher than my highest level pokemon. This described what hard mode was about and I didn't want to play hard mode when I started this game. I can't even use a max repel now since it's worthless in this mode because of this.
    I didn't change or add any of the in-game switches that control the level scaling. It's handled completely by two switches. Please tell me where you went in-game before this happened, and I'll see if I can find a fix.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    I didn't change or add any of the in-game switches that control the level scaling. It's handled completely by two switches. Please tell me where you went in-game before this happened, and I'll see if I can find a fix.

Eh... don't worry too much about it for me. I thought I was going to struggle with it but it ended up being okay for me since I finished it. It was just weird for me since every trainer level was 1 higher than my highest level pokemon which never occurred since I was playing on regular mode. But in case you wanted to know, I was on snowdown mountain before updating to v 1.1. I went back to snowdown park and then back up and that's when all of the sudden, the game switch to hard mode for me. Not sure why though.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    I think I'm on the verge of quitting this game.

I've finally reached Melusine City, and I was asked to get a prism scale for Sierra. According to this one dude, I am suppose to go fish a wild pokemon in a pond in the same city.

Trust me. I've wasted more than an hour, used up all of my money buying Pokeballs and caught more than 20 Pokemons in the pond and I still haven't gotten a prism scale.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a specific pokemon that I'm suppose to catch? As far as I'm aware, there's only 3 types of Pokemon in the pond and I don't want to waste my time (and my pokeballs) to catch a second Dhelmise because for some weird reason he's much harder to catch than Legendary Pokemons.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I'm on the verge of quitting this game.

I've finally reached Melusine City, and I was asked to get a prism scale for Sierra. According to this one dude, I am suppose to go fish a wild pokemon in a pond in the same city.

Trust me. I've wasted more than an hour, used up all of my money buying Pokeballs and caught more than 20 Pokemons in the pond and I still haven't gotten a prism scale.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a specific pokemon that I'm suppose to catch? As far as I'm aware, there's only 3 types of Pokemon in the pond and I don't want to waste my time (and my pokeballs) to catch a second Dhelmise because for some weird reason he's much harder to catch than Legendary Pokemons.

In the Pokedex, it can tell you if a wild Pokemon can hold an item. This can help you. Please don't forget this feature! Feebas can be caught and it'll have a high chance of holding one when you look in the PC or your party. Remoraid too, but with a lower chance. Though I will look into changing this part a bit.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    In the Pokedex, it can tell you if a wild Pokemon can hold an item. This can help you. Please don't forget this feature! Feebas can be caught and it'll have a high chance of holding one when you look in the PC or your party. Remoraid too, but with a lower chance. Though I will look into changing this part a bit.

Ok. Finally got the prism scale when I only focus on capturing Feebas. And it seems that the encounter rate for Feebas is extremely low. I mostly fish out a Remoraid and trust me, I've caught like more than 10 of them before and they don't carry a single prism scale.

And I also failed to mention that there is also not much wild Pokemon that can learn the move "cut" when you first got it. Here's a video here showing me capturing so many wild pokemon around that route and so many of them can't learn to use cut. Start watching from 20:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaul0ffyq4

Anyways, here's the link to my videos showcasing some of the graphical glitches that you may consider fixing:
    1. Error Popup
    https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=965

2. Graphic glitch
    https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=1306

3. Graphic glitch
    https://youtu.be/1ZbfDsvOc5Y?t=918

4. Not sure if this is a glitch or not. Nothing major.
    https://youtu.be/l2aPXToJkwM?t=1422

5. Wrap Popup error + my struggle to catch Dhelmise + hard to find prism scale.
    https://youtu.be/lpb1s17-Mns?t=1404

Regards,
    Ryou Takehito

Years
  • Ok. Finally got the prism scale when I only focus on capturing Feebas. And it seems that the encounter rate for Feebas is extremely low. I mostly fish out a Remoraid and trust me, I've caught like more than 10 of them before and they don't carry a single prism scale.

And I also failed to mention that there is also not much wild Pokemon that can learn the move "cut" when you first got it. Here's a video here showing me capturing so many wild pokemon around that route and so many of them can't learn to use cut. Start watching from 20:00. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaul0ffyq4

Anyways, here's the link to my videos showcasing some of the graphical glitches that you may consider fixing:
    1. Error Popup
    https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=965

2. Graphic glitch
    https://youtu.be/3gUTlc561yQ?t=1306

3. Graphic glitch
    https://youtu.be/1ZbfDsvOc5Y?t=918

4. Not sure if this is a glitch or not. Nothing major.
    https://youtu.be/l2aPXToJkwM?t=1422

5. Wrap Popup error + my struggle to catch Dhelmise + hard to find prism scale.
    https://youtu.be/lpb1s17-Mns?t=1404

Regards,
    Ryou Takehito

I watch your videos and keep a list of things to fix. I don't want my game being a buggy mess! I'll release yet another important update that fixes and changes a few other things today or tomorrow.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow! A new completed game? Count me in to play this one. I really like how you changes the move delete and relearner as an item that can be accessed anywhere. I'm very curious about the zodiac feature. Looking forward to playing this and thank you for your contribution to the community!

Back