• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon relentless talon

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    i have wanted a Pokemon game that had ALL the regions in it. since it hasn't happened and probably never will i'm taking things into my own hands. so I've decided to come here and give out some information on the fan game i am working on. so to start off let me say that there will be 7 different regions in 1 big game. covering all the regions 1-5 with 2 brand new never before seen regions. The 5 recreations will have added story/characters to keep things SPICY. The 2 never before seen regions will be both the first and the last regions you take part in with the very last region being more of a "best of the best" tournament. I am also going to be including extra features.

1. a level cap increase to fit the sheer amount of regions in the game. it will have a HUGE end level. (around 1000) with Pokemon always learning new moves at different levels with some fan made moves that are not normally in Pokemon games. possibly more abilities as well.

2. Mega evolution both new and returning

3. Regional based Pokemon forms new and returning

4. shiny Pokemon will no longer be just pallet swaps. along with some of the shiny pallets being changed. if you are lucky enough to encounter a shiny it will have a GUARANTEED triple typing (the only way to access triple typing) Pokemon that currently have either a mega/will receive a mega OR a Pokemon that has a regional based form both new and returning will not gain access to this. Some of them will have based on their shiny pallet others will have a type based on what they seem to fit in the most. any Pokemon with a dual typing will only gain 1 new type. Since shiny Pokemon will be more than just pallet swaps the shiny chance will be reverted back to its original odds

5. typing changes such as luxray becoming a electric dark type

6. several new typings to fit the triple typing. with that being said the new typings will not be exclusive to shiny Pokemon only

7. New items

8. OPEN WORLD for all the regions but the first and last which will follow a traditional linear path with the level capping out at 143 for the first region then an additional 143 per region. YOU WILL be close to this level by the time you reach the end of the region.

9. Additional forms such as armored mewtwo and shadow lugia with more to be discovered
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Pokemon will have a higher chance of appearing in their respective region with a chance for other gens Pokemon to appear.

This will NOT be an easy game. it will test 2 things. 1. the skill of someone playing it. 2. the endurance/dedication of someone playing it. this game wont be hard by having extremely difficult level curbs (certain areas will be harder to get through if you are lower leveled compared to the area you are traversing. trainers on routes will have predetermined levels and Pokemon. as for gym leaders they will scale along with having several different teams (if i can) depending on the level of your Pokemon (there will be a rematchable trainer in every Pokemon center that has a team of 6 chansey or blissey. this hack will not rely on items then give absolutely no cash. given money given will get scaled down. so will prices.

since SOME of the info is out there onto how the project will go.

i intend to have a bunch of community based polls deciding various aspects of the game. keep in mind i am doing this solo. where theirs a will theirs a way. i will continue to work on it so long as i get support (i'm not meaning in money or help (given help would be nice) ) as long as people show interest in this project i will continue to push through until it is done

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    this sounds fun and all, and it seems you thought about this.
    still, multiple regions raise so many problems...
    say the level caps for the 7 regions are: 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 100
    if Kanto is the 1st region, you have to catch a Dratini/Dragonair and use it un-evolved for 3 whole regions.. including 18 gyms battles, rival battles, team rocket bosses, etc. forget Dratini, even Pidgey evolves at lv.18. the player will be stuck with a pidgey for a whole region!
    you could place Bagon at the end of Hoenn, so it'll evolve in the next region, and not include Dratini line at all, etc.. and basically choose what wild pokemon are available by their evolution level, but then the 1st region will be filled with only weak pokemon: Butterfree, Sentret, etc. and your game will have no good pokemon from the first 2 regions.
    anyway, what will keep people playing after, say, the 3rd region? their party will be fully evolved, and know their best STAB move, they'll have 18 badges, lots of money and TMs, and probably a PC full with good pokemon.
    also, the task of creating all the regions on your own.. it sounds like a huge task that'll make you abandon the whole idea later.
    if I were you, I would only take a few routes from the first 5 generations, which become available gradually, with the gym badges count/ the plot. and just have most of the game happen in a new region.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    this sounds fun and all, and it seems you thought about this.
    still, multiple regions raise so many problems...
    say the level caps for the 7 regions are: 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 100
    if Kanto is the 1st region, you have to catch a Dratini/Dragonair and use it un-evolved for 3 whole regions.. including 18 gyms battles, rival battles, team rocket bosses, etc. forget Dratini, even Pidgey evolves at lv.18. the player will be stuck with a pidgey for a whole region!
    you could place Bagon at the end of Hoenn, so it'll evolve in the next region, and not include Dratini line at all, etc.. and basically choose what wild pokemon are available by their evolution level, but then the 1st region will be filled with only weak pokemon: Butterfree, Sentret, etc. and your game will have no good pokemon from the first 2 regions.
    anyway, what will keep people playing after, say, the 3rd region? their party will be fully evolved, and know their best STAB move, they'll have 18 badges, lots of money and TMs, and probably a PC full with good pokemon.
    also, the task of creating all the regions on your own.. it sounds like a huge task that'll make you abandon the whole idea later.
    if I were you, I would only take a few routes from the first 5 generations, which become available gradually, with the gym badges count/ the plot. and just have most of the game happen in a new region.

I completely get what you are saying :) however no matter what if I have support I won't abandon this project. One of the big issues that I'm having to work out is level pacing. Ideally I'd like for people to get a new team or switch the party around as often as possible. I totally get what you are saying with the leveling because it will get boring just using the same Pokémon through 900+ levels that is the big roadblock I'm at now. I'm by no means trying to disrespect you but this project is something that I want to happen. Making a sliver of every region into 1 region doesn't appeal to me. I know that the fan game won't be as extensively completed due to the longevity. I can't be the only one who wants all the regions in 1 game can I? As I said the cap per region will be 143 meaning that by the end of that region ANY Pokémon will be fully evolved. I am stumped with the level pacing since no Pokémon game has went to that high of level. I want to increase the cap just so that you're not going through 5+ regions just battling level 100 Pokémon constantly. I still have full intentions of doing this. I just want to know if people share the same interest as me in wanting the "ultimate" Pokémon game full with 1 gigantic map containing all regions

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    Hi Iambecomedeath, welcome to Pokecommunity!

I moved your thread here since it still seems to be in the idea stage.

I noticed you said hack, is this a ROM Hack or a Fan Game (basically everything else)?

Oh yes I'm sorry I meant to say fan game. I apologize

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    I see, I remember playing some hack with two regions, where you had to start fresh in the 2nd region. you get a new starter, empty PC, etc. later, your old pokemon get unlocked. maybe that could work better for you, so the max level can lv.100, though personally, I hated that as a player. a level reset can also work- returning all pokemon to lv.5, in every new region, or allowing you to use only lv.5 pokemon until you earn a badge, kinda like the level cap for catching pokemon in Sword/shield. this way players can keep the same team, but lose nothing if they train a new one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    I see, I remember playing some hack with two regions, where you had to start fresh in the 2nd region. you get a new starter, empty PC, etc. later, your old pokemon get unlocked. maybe that could work better for you, so the max level can lv.100, though personally, I hated that as a player. a level reset can also work- returning all pokemon to lv.5, in every new region, or allowing you to use only lv.5 pokemon until you earn a badge, kinda like the level cap for catching pokemon in Sword/shield. this way players can keep the same team, but lose nothing if they train a new one.

I guess what I could do is make "difficulty" levels that on easy don't reset but on normal (recommended) you have to start with a fully evolved Pokémon at level 144 and so on and so forth

Last edited:
    Years
  • One problem I see is leveling cause it takes more and more experience as you level up , so how would you make the gyms (or whatever else replaces them) be different enough in level. Would you decrease the amount of experience needed to level for higher levels or make grinding more mandatory?

Back