• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Input Window

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've got most of the changes sorted for my new name input window but theres a couple of things i can't work out.

1. How do i move the Your Name? and the input boxes further to the right?
    2. How do i move the lettertab1/2/3 images further to the right?
    3. How do i move the red cursor icon to the left, so that it lines up with the letters which are to the left more

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    1. The "Your Name?" is the position of @helptext in pbDoUpdateOverlay. By "input boxes" I assume you mean the name being entered (along with the underlines) - the name is the for ch in chars bit just below, and the underlines are @sprites["blank#{i}"] in pbStartScene (x coordinates) and pbUpdate (y coordinates). The actual shape of each underline is defined by the two @bitmaps[6].fill_rect lines.

2. The tabs are the two sprites @sprites["toptab"] and @sprites["bottomtab"]. See pbStartScene.

3. The cursor positions are in updateCursorPos (no, really!).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks, there was actually two updateCursorPos there and i was looking at the wrong one

Back