• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon :: Ebony

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
  • Route A's nice, but, it looks to ... manmade fora route.It would look TONS better if it were a park or something. Otherwise, nice mapping skills!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    DZ said:
    WOW , I hope you succeed in this great hack

:dead: This is not a hack! I used to hack, but Game Development is a MUCH different art... so please do not call it a hack. Thank you other than that.

Peekimon said:
    Route A's nice, but, it looks to ... manmade fora route.It would look TONS better if it were a park or something. Otherwise, nice mapping skills!

Alrighty... I actually really agree. I'm going to spruce it up a bit more, and after that it shall be known as Beryl Park. Also from now on names of cities and such will be called after precious and semi-precious gemstones and such. (Port Turquoise, Beryl Park, Opal City etc.)

smarty_arty said:
    That Route looks great the sanndy patches form something that looks kinda like dunsparce :D.

Dawson said:
    I love your mapping style, blueguy. Keep up the great progress!

Thank you very much.

smarty_arty said:
    I just love your screenies :D the new bell looks much better than the old one. Well keep up the good work.

Thanks. Yes, the bell looks heaps better, all thanks to Kyledove.

Homsar_225 said:
    This looks like an awesome game! Can you project a time it will be finished?

Thanks a lot. A time? Not for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Was that enough 'o's? lol

I've been mapping like crazy and have perfected the first major city, Opal City, but I won't reveal it just yet. It is the city in which you receive Cut and will fight your first Gym Battle against, you heard it, Cletus, who heads off a barnyard kind of gym with Miltank and such.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    It's nice to see people putting in some effort.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks everyone. :P Now time for screenshots! Hurrah... I redid the Hero and it looks great, so I'm happy. ;)

Screenshot 1
    The first screen showcases the center of Larimar City, the first major metropolis, in which the first gym is located. Credit goes to Kyledove for both the Pok?mon Center and Mart, though I added "Shop" on my own.

Screenshot 2
    This shows the entrance to Pearl Pass, the first cave on your journey.

Screenshot 3
    Still in Larimar, the hero stands near a building quite different from the other blue ones... which is the Cut-master's house! He'll give you the HM after you can perform skill-testing tasks for him. It is necessary to use Cut to enter the gym and the next route.

Screenshot 4
    The entrance to Pearl Pass. The ice blocks will now serve as a new HM's target. The new HM in question is Melt which will turn the ice blocks into a small puddle of water. I'll post screens with this in action later. Also, you should note, the opposite of Melt will be Freeze. Freeze allows you to cross Lava paths and cross water. It'll be quite useful. ;)

Screenshot 5
    Another part of Pearl Pass.

Please give me your opinions and criticisms... or praise... wouldn't mind that. ;)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Neat screenies you got there! I see no flaws! All of them looks great, keep up the great work!

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Screen 1 looks really nice, I like how you have a sort of line of houses there.
    Screen 2 is average.
    Screen 3 is great! I like that little house sitting in front of the lake. Real cool.
    Screens 4 & 5 are okay, I think it's hard to make caves so I'll let you off. :)

MDGherb420

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • okay ill take it down, i dont think it was stealing, i didnt take credit for it, i asked you and you didnt reply. i probably should have waited for your reply but i didnt think you would mind, it wasnt supposed to be an actual site for it i just thought it would help by having all the screens in one page, you can use the animation of the screens i made if you like i have no use for them. and by the way you could've been a little more nice about it when u PMd me because i was trying to help. i still think the game looks great. :\

Last edited:

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I do check my PMs... and I did, and I'm kind of flattered, but also offended that you would use my content without permission. It was unprofessional. I will in time create a website, but not right this moment... I request that you please close the webpage, and always ask before taking content. That's something I'd call stealing, even if you meant good.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • The screens are great, but the only thing I suggest is to make formations natural (ex. the rocks) :)

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Bad news... a virus sort of destroyed everything on my computer... *dies* ... So... as for now, Ebony'll be on hold... unfortunately... I may begin work on it again...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Reminds me of Pokemon Silk... Well, hope things get back on track A.S.A.P

Back