• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon :: Ebony

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Pok?mon
    Ebony Version

ST0RY \\

The story is currently being worked upon... Check back later.

FEATURES \\

? New region : Ruinimm
    ? Over 30 new pok?mon and counting
    ? Many sidequests
    ? Optional unlockable alternate careers
    At certain stages in the game you can unlock different careers. They will include: Pok?mon Breeder, Pok?mon Watcher, Pok?mon Professor, and perhaps some others. They are available at times that are suitable to your experience. For example, you cannot unlock the Professor Career until you possess eight badges.
    ? Ability to visit the Orangle Isles
    You may access the Orange Isles via the S.S. Cobalt. You'll need an Orange Ticket, though. When visiting the Archipelago, you may challenge all four of the Gym Leaders in special contests, and even go onto the Orange League.
    ? New "Clotheschanger"
    The Clotheschanger allows the hero to visit places such as the beach in a swimsuit etc.
    ? New Pok?Chow System
    You are able to gather flowers, herbs and other ingredients and bring them to the Chow-Hut. At the Chow-Hut you can mix such ingredients to produce HP-replenishing Pok?Chow. Chow-Huts are located all over Ruinimm in cities and routes.
    ? Two new types: Sound, and Cosmic
    ? Two new HMs: Melt, and Freeze
    ? Much more!

SCREENSH0TS \\

Last edited:

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • I really love the theme and plot! It's simply original. There are a few things you might want to fix:
    1.Graphics-the Bell looks like it doesn't fit in with the Chipset. Also the hero could be modified a bit.
    2. And the text definitely needs to be changed. Once you have that changed, then it will look perfect!
    3. In the the third screen, you could finish the left side of the counter. That looks a little tacky.

Other than those things, this game looks really promising. If you need anything, don't hesitate you ask! Keep up the good work!

AbareMax

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • The game looks very good for a start. :) However, the story of dark and light has been used in quite a few games, so you might want to alter that.

Screen 2: You may want to change the platform the player is standing on. Also, you may want to add dark water tiles under the water rocks.
    Screen 3: Font should change.
    Screen 4: Font and bell should be changed.
    Screen 5: The flowers cut off the edge and you may want to add dark water tiles.

Just helping you a bit. :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Yet another great new thread! You may wish to download the font patch though.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Arg! I had my reply all typed and the stupid thing wouldn't load! Holy karp! Well, anyways... here I go again.

Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Yet another great new thread! You may wish to download the font patch though.

Thanks very much! I have since downloaded the fonts and now it looks excellent!

Jeff_PKLight said:
    The game looks very good for a start. :) However, the story of dark and light has been used in quite a few games, so you might want to alter that.

Screen 2: You may want to change the platform the player is standing on. Also, you may want to add dark water tiles under the water rocks.
    Screen 3: Font should change.
    Screen 4: Font and bell should be changed.
    Screen 5: The flowers cut off the edge and you may want to add dark water tiles.

Just helping you a bit. :)

Screen 2: That was meant to be shallow water. :\ Dark water tiles? Consider it done!
    Screen 3: Font has changed
    Screen 4: Font has changed. What should be changed about the bell?
    Screen 5: I noticed this just as I posted. :dead: It's fixed.

AbareMax said:
    I really love the theme and plot! It's simply original. There are a few things you might want to fix:
    1.Graphics-the Bell looks like it doesn't fit in with the Chipset. Also the hero could be modified a bit.
    2. And the text definitely needs to be changed. Once you have that changed, then it will look perfect!
    3. In the the third screen, you could finish the left side of the counter. That looks a little tacky.

Other than those things, this game looks really promising. If you need anything, don't hesitate you ask! Keep up the good work!

AbareMax

1. I felt so too. It used to look really good but the system screwed up its shading! How can the hero be edited? I like her. I think she's fine and dandy like cotton candy. :P
    2. Text has been changed. Yay. Go perfect-ness!
    3. I was thinking that I would leave it so that it looked more realistic. Workers don't just jump over the counter, y'know. ;) But I suppose it looks uneven so I will change it.

Thanks everyone! :)

Here is an example of the newly changed font, and guess what? I've also learnt that F5 toggles the size of the game, so now screens will be presented in the format below.

This is the Swimshack! You'll need to come here to purchase a bathing suit in order to visit the beach, which is a mandatory sequence/puzzle in the first town, aptly titled 'Port Ephrill'. This is an example of the use of the 'Clotheschanger'. I will post screens of the Clotheschanger soon.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Awesome looking game, blueguy! Thanks for providing all that info in the first post. The screenshots look great, I just think that the colors are a little messed up in the chipset though.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Dawson said:
    Awesome looking game, blueguy! Thanks for providing all that info in the first post. The screenshots look great, I just think that the colors are a little messed up in the chipset though.

Thanks very much! I owe a lot to your help, though. I thought the colours looked messed up too. Do you have a better chipset I could use. My buildings (like the swimshack) seem to be fine, though the grass and paths and such look kind of dark.

BTW, Dawson, you know how I asked about how to changed chipsets? Well, I have lots that I imported into the Resource Manager but when I go to Map Properties, I can only choose from World Map, dungeon, town, etc. and not the others?

DarkPegasus said:
    WoW,cool,so you are doing this in RM2k3?That is why your shading is mesed up,cuz the chipsets only support 256 colors.When will you show the shadow Pokes?

Yes, I am. I know. The shading is messed up. :\ The shadows? Those are the two legendary dragons. They won't be revealed for a while.

Also, introducing my two new types.
    -Sound (Whismur, Jigglypuff, Jaykitan [A new legendary bird] and others)
    -Cosmic (Clefairy, Lunatone, Solrock, Novixie [Mine] and Nebulry [Mine])

I've had these planned for a while. *goes to edit first post.*

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm sorry for the doublepost, but I have five new screens, and so I thought I'd share 'em. :P I know it's quick to show stuff again, but I wanted to because it showcases how bright the colors are now. They used to be very dark and now are 'sunshiney happy'.

[Screen 1] The hero speaks with a girl about the Bell of Symphony (Yes, there are two bells! Oh my!)
    [Screen 2] Same deal.
    [Screen 3] Ah, greetings from the local geezer.
    [Screen 4] So, that's where I was!
    [Screen 5] Ooh, more about bells!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Screen 1: Meh, I'm not all that impressed with the bell gfx. It's not that it's bad (you actually did a good job). It just doesn't seem to fit with the surroundings/pkmn gfx.

Screen 2: How many bells are there? For a unique graphic like the bell you made (especially if you feature it as a large part of the game as it seems you are) I think the bell itself should be unique. The whole "forged by the fires of Moltres" makes it seem unique because:
    1) Moltres is legendary, hence unique
    2) Reminds me of Lord of the Rings, the ring was unique and forged in the fires of Mt Doom.

Just a suggestion. I don't really know what role it'll play in your game.

Screen 4: The guy doesn't look like he's on the couch properly. Just graphical nitpicking.

Nice job, the game is lookin' great.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I think the problem with the bell is the perspective of it. The bell looks flat compared to the rest of the Pokemon graphics that are viewed from an angle, whereas the bell looks like it's viewed from straight down.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I agree with Darkmage. Everything else's pretty much ok, but the guy doesn't look like he's sitting in the 4th screen.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I really love the way your game is turning out BG. Its going to be intersting I can tell :D.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Goatman56 said:
    I really love the way your game is turning out BG. Its going to be intersting I can tell :D.

Thanks very much!

Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Well, I agree with Darkmage. Everything else's pretty much ok, but the guy doesn't look like he's sitting in the 4th screen.

The guy now sits at the kitchen table.

Champion Taylor said:
    Third Screen: It should be My Physduck and I.

Anyway; very nice looking!

I meant it to be 'Me and my Psyduck' because it sounds more casual and informal. I know perfectly well how to use grammar thank you very much. Your sentence: It should be 'It should be "My Psyduck and I"'. Thank you for the second comment, though.

Dawson said:
    I think the problem with the bell is the perspective of it. The bell looks flat compared to the rest of the Pokemon graphics that are viewed from an angle, whereas the bell looks like it's viewed from straight down.

I agree! ;) I PMed Avatar to see if he could sprite me one. He says he'll give it a go sometime.

DarkMage31 said:
    Screen 1: Meh, I'm not all that impressed with the bell gfx. It's not that it's bad (you actually did a good job). It just doesn't seem to fit with the surroundings/pkmn gfx.

Screen 2: How many bells are there? For a unique graphic like the bell you made (especially if you feature it as a large part of the game as it seems you are) I think the bell itself should be unique. The whole "forged by the fires of Moltres" makes it seem unique because:
    1) Moltres is legendary, hence unique
    2) Reminds me of Lord of the Rings, the ring was unique and forged in the fires of Mt Doom.

Just a suggestion. I don't really know what role it'll play in your game.

Screen 4: The guy doesn't look like he's on the couch properly. Just graphical nitpicking.

Nice job, the game is lookin' great.

I know... I tried my best with the bell, but I'm not very good at spriting houses and tiles. I'm good with pok?mon sprites, but not tiles. ;)

There are only three bells and they are only located in Port Ephrill. The first two bells are very obvious, but one is an easter egg which you can access later in the game. *heehee*

The guy doesn't sit there anymore.

Thanks!

Okelydoke. I've been working on getting the Swimshack sequence finished, in which you go to the beach to find the Bell of Symphony. I'm not going to show any screenshots yet, but I made a type chart with my two new types: Sound and Cosmic. I'm not claiming that I made them first or anything, but I'm not claiming I stole them either. I heard someone mention Sound-type months ago and thought: hey, why not implement it into my game? Cosmic I just thought would be cool.

DarkBlue = SuperEffective
    White = Normal
    LightBlue = Not very effective
    Pink = Immune

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Why not add a kind of note or something underneath or next to the pic to tell people what each colour signifies?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This game seems to be turning out well I hope this game turns out as good as your hack shadows of eternity would have turned I whis you the best of luck.

Last edited:
    Back