• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Help me, please! "Access Violation Error" / PKM FIRE RED - GBA

Years
Hello friends, all right with you?

I kind of didn't use this forum, so in case there is any mistake, a thousand apologies ... Recently I was fixing some Connexions of the maps and I came to Map 3.11, which in this case is the map of the Saffron City in Pokémon Fire Red, and this one The map had an error due to exchanging maps through past inserts, such an error was "Invalid Pointer to Map Footer" ... When I saw this, I immediately thought about replacing the map, with another one, which in question is the same, however from another room, and out of nowhere this appears:

"Advanced Map
Access Violation at Address 004C15A7 in module 'AdvancedMap.exe'. Read of address 00000324."

Please, help me... Thanks!

Obs.: i'm using Advanced Map 1.92

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
I'm pretty new as well so apologies in advance if any information is wrong but, having encountered this error a lot in Advanced-Map, I want to share a workaround. It's not so much the "map" that has the problem so much as the "slot" (that is, 3.11). So if you want to make a map, use a different slot that doesn't have the error and it'll be OK.

I -think- reason for the error is because certain maps (like 3.10) are dupes of other maps. In this case, 3.10 and 3.11 are identical so if you mess with 3.10, 3.11 gets this error. I also encountered this error when editing the Pokemon Centre and Pokemart maps.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
I realize this is two years later but I figured I'd share my limited knowledge of the situation. I've only been using Advance Map for several months.

I was getting the same error after inserting a map using Advance Map 1.92. This also caused the connections to sync weirdly almost as if the two maps were seen as one.
Anyway I ended up saving the ROM and closing Advance Map. The next morning I decided to look into it more but it somehow fixed itself. I did it just now as well and it seems to work.

Hopefully this helps even if it is a bit late.

Back