• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] A possible superhero RP?

Knorn

Lt. Surge's #1 Fan
Years
Hi, y'all!

I've been roleplaying for quite a long time, but I've never done one here, and I certainly haven't roleplayed on a forum in quite a long time, so forgive me for any transgressions I may make in terms of roleplaying lingo and such.

I'm not well-versed in Pokémon RP, so I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a superhero roleplay. I'm not talking about Marvel or DC(although that could certainly be implemented... but I'm not well-versed in either of those), but your own superhero characters interacting in a city, possibly becoming rivals to gain the most fame. Perhaps everyone could team up against an evil mastermind?

I've just got some characters I've been itching to use in something other than a Marvel or DC roleplay, since they were created to be standalone heroes.

It would probably be a fairly long RP, and a serious one, at that.

I just wanted to garner some feedback and interest on the matter. I wouldn't want to post something and then not have any interaction. Let me know what y'all think!

Cheers!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Someone did an interest check not too long ago about a superhero RP and while they got a positive reaction, I don't think they went through with the project.

Still, something I mentioned in the other thread and I might as well mention here:

One thing you didn't really mention but that I think is important to keep in mind beforehand when dealing with Superheroes is the tone: are we going for idealistic Golden Age Superheroes that do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, are we going for something morally gray like Worm, are we going full on Alan Moore and decrying super heroes as pseudo-fascist vigilantes with a thirst for power?

Because even if the individual characters are different from the general tone, them being different from the tone is a choice in itself that informs the way the characters should act, if I'm making sense here? Like, playing Superman straight in an Alan Moore setting works out very differently than playing Superman straight in Golden Age DCU.

Knorn

Lt. Surge's #1 Fan
Years
When it comes to tone, the character I'm most likely to play is a hero for recognition and fame(even though she can never claim it in her daily life). Since I'm most comfortable with writing her, it will most likely become a morally grey area sort of roleplay. If there is enough interest in a common villain(s), they will most likely be grey, too. I'll have to think about it. Thanks for the question, though- it helps me get some ideas down~

Back