• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to create Pokémon cries?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Hey all,
    First of all, what software/techniques can be used to create or synthesize brand new Pokémon cries (for Fakemon and such)?
    Secondly, what do I need to do to make an existing Pokémon's cry sound like a Mega Evolution? Just plain echoing doesn't work...
    Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated!

Years
  • I'd suggest 3 Methods
    1) Download SFX from online and edit it. Eg: If my Pokemon is a Tiger, I'd download Tiger Growl SFX and edit it.
    2) Use Bosca Ceoil and play random notes and those will sound like Gen 3 cries
    3) Dust off your old microphone and scream loudly in your mic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Nice, thanks for that! ^_^
    Now I just need to know how to make Mega Evolution cries and I'll be all set...

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    You could try use fl studio and use the plugin fruity reverb 2, if you decrease the size in the size option you'll have a very familiar effect which is the one that you hear at the end of a mega cry. but i guess it doesnt have to be fl studio but thats the only 1 I know

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Or use Cakewalk for Fruity Reverb 2 if you can't afford to buy FL Studio, Cakewalk is free to use and is compatible with most VSTs, including free ones. You may want to mess around with Cakewalk's own features first though.

You can also use synthentizer or midi-player VSTs and any of Pokémon's soundfont (RBY for Gen 1 styled, GSC for Gen 2, RSE for Gen 3, DPPt for Gen 4, BW or B2W2 for Gen 5, or whatever existing soundfont you love) and make a short "music" with usually two or three instruments. Cries tend to last just one second or just a millisecond, up to two seconds, so try to not make it longer than two seconds, lest it'll stick out like a sore thumb in terms of cry duration compared to official Pokémon.

It's a good idea to mix-and-match instruments for your cries accordingly to fit your different Fakémon. Cross-gen evolutions and babies usually don't have a similar cry to the pre-evo or evo, so don't be afraid to make your fan cross-gen baby or evolution sounding different from the canon Pokémon.

And finally, I'd advice against making it too loud or too soft. If you aren't sure if it would sound too loud or soft for other people, try to compare them to Pokémon's cries uploaded on Youtube. For example, if your custom cries are a lot louder than the uploaded official cries, then you should lower the decibel (db) by lowering the master volume. If too quiet compared to official cries, then raise the master volume instead.

We hope their advices, as well as my own, will help you out a plenty!

Back