• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Origins [Updated v0.8 2024-05-01]

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    PromoLogo.png

DEMO:

Windows x86 | Windows x64 | Mac | Linux

Discord | Wiki

v0.8 Update: We are looking for playtesters to try the beta! Please join the discord for more information.

Spoiler: English

Spoiler: Deutsch

Spoiler: Français

Spoiler: Italiano

Spoiler: Português

Spoiler: 日本語

Spoiler: 中文

Credits:

Base:
    Audino

Code/Script:
    PsyCommando
    AntyMew
    Rev
    Rings
    Buwwet
    Trio~
    Palika
    Parakoopa

Data:
    Deeshura
    Discord:shitpost_sunkern Shitpost Sunkern
    FlowerSnek

Graphics/Music:
    MusicalCombusken
    SilverDeoxys563
    Fable
    Lurils
    Rao Kurai
    Skelothan
    Chi
    Lovi
    Zefa
    Reppamon
    +2 Anonymous

Translation:
    DSgamer93
    Lars Preston
    Scout
    P1ka
    AthalePrime
    Mario Brand
    Discord:komischertypus KomischerTypus
    Discord:glaiver. Glaiver
    lagpu1
    Dask
    Vioshim
    Van-Tazen
    Kurama
    Aligatueur
    Tabarnak
    Buxrart
    Alicia
    Blackun
    Discord:youka0 Youka
    Discord:veemaru Mathieu "Maru" V
    Discord:digital_hazard Digital Hazard
    Discord:saiphdeer Saiph
    キヌ
    Barry
    Squishy
    Chehra
    Dew
    [email protected] 域外創音(IkigaiSouon)
    PikaNiko
    Rockdu
    +1 Anonymous

Original Media:
    Chunsoft
    Creatures inc
    Nintendo
    GAME FREAK inc
    Falcom

Modding:

-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Origins supports modding, and can be started in Developer mode with a full array of editors.
    -Mods can be exported as standalone games of their own and be released as separate games! Just be sure to include the proper credits for the engine.
    -To learn how to use the engine, start with the Modding Intro
    -We also have a Wiki, containing tutorial and reference pages on how to edit and script!
    -The full source of the game, containing all assets and code, is available to view and fork on Github: PMDODump and its submodules PMDC and DumpAsset. They use the MIT License.
    -As development on the game continues, unreleased data will appear on these repositories and be viewable before official release. You are free to spoil yourself on what is uploaded if you believe it enhances your experience with this project. Do not ruin the experience of others.

Roadmap:

-Another demo, v0.9, will add beta content for basic postgame as well as minor modding enhancements.
    -The full release will then follow. It will finish the minimalistic storyline and include most postgame challenges.
    -If I can afford the time and effort, I will include a final postgame conclusion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Recruitment:
    -We are looking for translators! If you are versed in a non-English language, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.
    -We are looking for aspiring developers to test our modding system! If you are interested in developing with a dedicated PMD engine, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.

Messaged

Galactidot

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Recruitment:
    -We are looking for translators! If you are versed in a non-English language, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.
    -We are looking for aspiring developers to test our modding system! If you are interested in developing with a dedicated PMD engine, please contact us through the forum or the given contacts.[/QUOTE]

I want to help with modding, please!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2022
    It seems to be interessant, Even if it won't maybe be translate in french (Idc about that), I'll hope we'll know more

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Updated main post to include german info and different gifs.

It seems to be interessant, Even if it won't maybe be translate in french (Idc about that), I'll hope we'll know more

unknown.png

We have a partial french translation due to an earlier contributor! Due to the nature of fangames as a passion project, it remains incomplete as people dip in and out of interest, but we are always grateful for whatever they're able to contribute.

Years
  • Wow, I don't know how the heck I haven't heard of this! This is incredible work and I can't imagine how freaking hard it must have been to create such an engine.

I love how you're planning to bring PMD back to its roguelike roots, even ahead of Shiren or Torneko. What hypes me the most is the apparent large variety of items and strategy involved and the sprawling nature of maps opens a lot of possibilities dungeon design-wise: do you plan on adding dungeon features that are staples of traditional roguelikes? Like secret rooms, interactable elements (fountains, altars, switches)… detours from GTi, hidden behind locked doors, would be very exciting.
    Also do we always play a starter or can we roll a random Pokemon? Same with the dungeon itself, does it always have the same structure or does its tileset and music order change each run (something that would make it very replayable since, being a traditional roguelike, I assume we will replay the early game a lot!).

Don't know how advanced you are in this project, but how about you upload a trailer showcasing some of the features? Maybe even a (alpha?) beta!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This looks amazing , I have been looking for a way to modify sprites on red rescue team , have you find out how ? and if so , could you please help me with that?

The Red Genesect

plain old pokemon
    Years
  • 'ello, I am working on a fan game quite similar to a Mystery Dungeons Game. I would like to ask if your engine is public use? If so, please do tell me.

Back