• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
My Question:
How come in some maps the running shoes will work, but in others they will not?

it depends on what they're labeled, I think. in advance map, under header, there are labels for each map. if it's route, city, town, cave ect, then the running shoes will work. if its labeled indoors, they wont.

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
Years
1 of my questions seems to have gotten over looked is it because its been answered ?

sorry to repost but id really like to kno this question

im doing scripting in notepad and fromt he tutorials i watch on youtube you save it as rbc well when i do it comes up as one of thos junk file you cant do anything with and if you right click it compile isnt there am i doing something wrong?

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
i tried looking for anything but i wasn't sure how to word the question to even look... so here it is.

Is there a way to make wild pokemon act like trainers? Like.. for example.. you walk along a path, and there is a Cubone sprite along the wall... you walk in front of it.. the cubone runs towards you like a trainer would but a wild battle starts rather than a trainer.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yes this is acualy quit easy Make an event tile when you step on it the person event (cubone) movesfrom one spot to the spot the player is at then in script make a wildbattle 0x(pokemon) 0x(level) 0x(item) the line will start a wildbattle also make sure you set a flag so the cubone will disapear :D hoped I help If you have know Idea what I am talking about PM me and I will go into more depth

1 of my questions seems to have gotten over looked is it because its been answered ?

sorry to repost but id really like to kno this question

im doing scripting in notepad and fromt he tutorials i watch on youtube you save it as rbc well when i do it comes up as one of thos junk file you cant do anything with and if you right click it compile isnt there am i doing something wrong?
stop scripting with rblc and notepad script with Pksv or Xse

Last edited:

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
Years
yes this is acualy quit easy Make an event tile when you step on it the person event (cubone) movesfrom one spot to the spot the player is at then in script make a wildbattle 0x(pokemon) 0x(level) 0x(item) the line will start a wildbattle also make sure you set a flag so the cubone will disapear :D hoped I help If you have know Idea what I am talking about PM me and I will go into more depth

SWEET! yeah i have the general idea. thanks!

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
Hello, kind people!

For my rom hack, Pokemon WARPED, I am having trouble putting in stairs. No matter which way I try it, the player just won't walk down/up them. Is it something to do with the warp placement or movement permissions? The original map I am editing is Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town (the one will all the chanellers and graves).

Please help!

>DrakiL<

Making "Art" and Fakemons
Years
Hi, Is there a Tutorial On putting another Region In the Hack? I have to Hex Edit it right? If I do can someone show me a Tut? cause I really want 2 regions in my hack

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
Years
im trying that now i had to get a good tutorial to learn btw thanks dieagoisawsome for that XSE tut.

ok im now trying to figure out how to make the number of the pokemon a hex code thats the only thing he didnt have in the tut. if someone could send me the hex codes or just tell em how to do it id greatly appreciate it :) thanx

Your FRIEND, k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKERR

Years
Hello, kind people!

For my rom hack, Pokemon WARPED, I am having trouble putting in stairs. No matter which way I try it, the player just won't walk down/up them. Is it something to do with the warp placement or movement permissions? The original map I am editing is Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town (the one will all the chanellers and graves).

Please help!
Maybe you placed the warp in the wrong position.I think it's meant to be on the block before the stairs.

im trying that now i had to get a good tutorial to learn btw thanks dieagoisawsome for that XSE tut.

ok im now trying to figure out how to make the number of the pokemon a hex code thats the only thing he didnt have in the tut. if someone could send me the hex codes or just tell em how to do it id greatly appreciate it :) thanx

Your FRIEND, k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKERR
I think there's a site that lets you convert decimal nos. to hex.I'll post the link.
http://www.geocities.com/binary_converter/

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have the same tilemap being used for two of my world maps. For some reason, on the fourth world map (which is #3 in the programming), nine tiles near the bottom-right corner keep getting replaced with tile #3, while on the other, it works just fine.

Can anyone help?
Reposting, as it's on the last page AND 20 posts back.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
Hey, I have a couple of quick questions, since I'm new to the "new" rom hacking scene.

I'm playing around with Advance Map, it's a lot similar to the older "---- Maps," so that really helps. However, I'm confused already on it. Been trying to figure out the answer myself, but can't seem to find it.

In the very first room, if I try to modify the warp, move the warp, or remove the surrounding tiles for the warp, it just fails to work. I'm wondering what I'm suppose to do to the event in order to make it work. For example, I want to remove the stairs and simply have the player "warp" to the next warp (another area without stairs.) However, these warps are meant to work with stairs. How exactly can I do a simple "one place to another?"

Also, I've read several guides on how to "change the pokemon on the title screen" -- However, I'm looking for something to help me change the title screen in general. For example, change "Pokemon" to something else completely. Whether the Pokemon stays or not, I don't care. If there are any tools, etc, to help me in this, it would be much appreciated. I've searched around for answers, but the internet isn't as organized on this subject as it used to be. -_-

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Hey, I have a couple of quick questions, since I'm new to the "new" rom hacking scene.

I'm playing around with Advance Map, it's a lot similar to the older "---- Maps," so that really helps. However, I'm confused already on it. Been trying to figure out the answer myself, but can't seem to find it.

In the very first room, if I try to modify the warp, move the warp, or remove the surrounding tiles for the warp, it just fails to work. I'm wondering what I'm suppose to do to the event in order to make it work. For example, I want to remove the stairs and simply have the player "warp" to the next warp (another area without stairs.) However, these warps are meant to work with stairs. How exactly can I do a simple "one place to another?"

Each tile has a thing called a Behaviour Byte and Background Byte. Behaviour Bytes well, tell how a tile will be behave. Examples of tiles with Behaviour Bytes include the beach area tiles (
34sgt5j.gif
) and the sea tiles (
2ypc1es.gif
) and there is a Behaviour Byte for what you are in need of; a simple plain tile that will warp you (I'm assuming here) to the first floor of the starter's house~ Background Bytes are somewhat similar as well, most of the tiles use the Background Byte "00" which is just the default byte and usually means nothing. Some tiles require the Background Byte "Block is covered by Hero".

Now to answer your question. XD;

[CSS-DIV="padding: 5px;"]
Open up the Tile Editor in Advance Map (it's the big purple puzzle icon @ the top)
2whlces.png
The Behaviour Byte used by the staircase the player descends on is called "6F" and the Background Byte is "Block is covered by Hero". First, the reason for that Background Byte is is because of the use of both Up & Down "layers" for that one tile, if no Background Byte is used, the player would be covered by the "Up" layer. The Behaviour Byte "6F" is used for going down staircases, so you would need to change that in order to get a different effect. Here is what you're looking for, change the Behaviour Byte to "Arrow right => warp left of block":
jhaams.png
Doing so will result in the following:
28a3wyc.png
As you can see, the stairs are gone and the player is just about ready to warp to the 1st floor~ Simple, right? :3 There's tons of Behaviour Bytes, you can experiment with them, just be careful. [/CSS-DIV]

Also, I've read several guides on how to "change the pokemon on the title screen" -- However, I'm looking for something to help me change the title screen in general. For example, change "Pokemon" to something else completely. Whether the Pokemon stays or not, I don't care. If there are any tools, etc, to help me in this, it would be much appreciated. I've searched around for answers, but the internet isn't as organized on this subject as it used to be. -_-

I'm not sure if you have seen this before, but there's a detailed tutorial by thethethethe on Pokémon Hackers Online for editing the entire title screen in Pokémon FireRed Version.
Hope this helps~ :3

lol tl;dr :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
I'm currently new to hacking and I would like to try out stuff like triggering event, ie. battling a trainer or have people come in automatically to talk. I'm using advanced map 1.92 and HackMew's tool kit.. Do i need anything else to do this? Sorry, because I'm a newbie to this..
I have expanded my rom, so i have spaces for new sprites and events.

I am also having problems with pokemons from 2nd and 3rd generations not evolving(probably have something to do with the national dex?) Is there any way to solve this problem, so i can include pokemons from 2nd and 3rd generations into FR?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yes edit okes script when he gives you the pokedes under FR_POKEDEX put NA_POKEDEX
also you need a script editor since you already expaned your rom I am gessing you already have Xse witch will be you script editor but those to lines are difenet in xse those lines are for pksv

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
I'm sorry, but where can I find those text/script to edit in XSE? I tried to load up the ROM, but i can't seem to find the dex part?

Thanks again

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I'm sorry, but where can I find those text/script to edit in XSE? I tried to load up the ROM, but i can't seem to find the dex part?

Thanks again
go to adavance map and click chose script editor and then chose the xse program then a message will apear yes,no click no then go to oks lab and click on oke and then click on the box that sais upen script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back