• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Catches Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocbolt

Lost Souls
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    Mine was a rayquaza with a netball.I didnt damage it.After trying for a long time i just decided to do random stuff and i caught it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2006
    My rare catches on sapphire have so far been:

Ralts,
    Minun,
    Skarmory.

the pokemon called rare or few in walkthroughs are rare in my eyes, shinys are really rare to me. and legends with pokeballs are nothing special if i say so.

Years
  • My rarest catch would be shiny Porygon. (well, it's not actually a catch so I'm not so sure about this..) Among actual catches besides my shinies, my rarest would be a Wonderfully Outsanding Mild Regice:

His IVs are:
    HP: 26
    Atk: 30
    Def: 19
    SpAtk: 18
    SpDef: 31
    Speed: 27

This was my second time catching the guy. (timer ball) The first time around, I think he was Naughty or something awful like that.

Myuuvuirocon

Mew+vee+Vulpix=Me!!!
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Spinda. I wasn't even looking fer it n' it appeared! Then I was lookin' fer a Tropius n' found Latios. I was in a hurry so I just used a masterball. n' my longest time lookin' fer a Chimecho, the 1st one I fainted n' the 2nd one I caught. thank God, :D

Also, I got a used Sapphire game, (already had one) n' the guy had all the Regi's, Latias, n' many more legendary Pokémon in it! XD

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I keep catching Ralts easily in Sapphire. When I start a new game, I hit Rt. 102 and bang! There's Ralts! It's usually female too.

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
  • One time I caught a blue koffing but the rarest ive ever caught is a golden groudon. It was so weird... i thought there was something rong with it...but i caught it so now i have a groudy named blaze thats golden.

Years
  • bluestorm said:
    One time I caught a blue koffing but the rarest ive ever caught is a golden groudon. It was so weird... i thought there was something rong with it...but i caught it so now i have a groudy named blaze thats golden.
    Please don't double post. There's an edit button for a reason.

I actually think that a shiny Koffing is rarer than a shiny Groudon, since it's not possible to save in front of a Koffing and keep battling it. Shiny ubers are overrated.

On the topic of non-shiny rare catches, the first Ralts I pulled out of R102 in Emerald had a flawless Special Attack IV. Not very rare, but meh, if we just gloat about our shinies, this thread loses its point and becomes a duplicate of the Shiny Discussion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    i went to america cameback with a mystery ticket got to faraway island and caught mew with a pokeball!
    NOTE:I am willing to swap it if you want mew email me at [email protected]

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    i own pokemon yellow,red,blue,silver,gold,crystal,saphire,ruby,emerald,dash and troizie

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    i caught my mew on faraway island with a pokeball first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    I was really lucky and as soon as I hit the grass I found Latios...
    After the Pokemon League of course.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    me im lucky latios in first trie with ultra ball omg grodon and kogre first try coaght and a shiny corfish which was gold

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back