• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite year in music

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I got bored as hell at work today and started looking through the billboard top 100 charts and goddamn 2005 was so iconic. I texted my aunt that and she said "eh" which omg wtf. But she said 1992, 1994, and 1999 were good. I checked and she's right -- except 1999 did bring us All Star so that might revoke her statement (or make it even better, that's up to you tbh). But what I remember the best was 2005, so yeah. 2013 was pretty good too, as far as singles go.

So what's your favorite year for music? Obviously it's not constricted to years you've lived through, you can pick like 1972 if you want idc if that's your jam, then yeah man. They don't necessarily have to be in the top 100 either, if you had a shit ton of albums you liked come out in one year that didn't make mainstream charts, that's fine too. looks at 2016........

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • good, VERY difficult question. my favorite year that I've lived through was probably 2015, but 2012-13 were fun too because I had my finger way more on the pulse of what was coming out than I do now. in doing some brief research I've been able to pinpoint 1972 and, like, the period between 1996 and 2002 as times when a lot of my favorite stuff was coming out, but I've never been able to subscribe to the philosophy that one decade of music is better than other ones. so I guess my answer is kinda fucked from the start. But Anyway.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I'm torn between saying 2015 or 2016, as in that year I discovered lots of new songs and artists that I've loved since then. (Thank you spotify! <3 )

Guest123_x1

Same with me, since I don't really follow everything that comes out these days (actually, I don't really care for any new releases by current artists that are in the spotlight). My favorite period would be the early rock-n-roll era from 1956-64 (pre-British Invasion). That particular time period was covered by the 'traditional oldies' radio format back in the day (though, thanks to the target demographics moving into retirement age, said format is nearly extinct from terrestrial radio nowadays, with most so-called 'oldies' stations dropping everything from before the 1970s and adding material from the 1980s and even 1990s).

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I normally late to the party and songs I stumble on are released like a year before so I'm going to cheat and say 2000-2010

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Same with me, since I don't really follow everything that comes out these days (actually, I don't really care for any new releases by current artists that are in the spotlight). My favorite period would be the early rock-n-roll era from 1956-64 (pre-British Invasion). That particular time period was covered by the 'traditional oldies' radio format back in the day (though, thanks to the target demographics moving into retirement age, said format is nearly extinct from terrestrial radio nowadays, with most so-called 'oldies' stations dropping everything from before the 1970s and adding material from the 1980s and even 1990s).

I can not stand the fact that so-called Oldies stations are adding music from the 80s and even the 90s. Up to a few years ago I actually had a nice station I enjoyed listening to that played music solely from the 60s and 70s, but then it gradually got invaded by the 80s, to the point where it even switched from being softer rock and soul/R&B to playing harder rock from the 80s. It really frustrated me because we already have a station here that does exactly that. There was no need to have two.

Nowadays you can't find real Oldies stations anymore. Not even online services like Pandora can help. Their combination station includes the 80s which I don't want. =/ Not that Pandora is all of that great. I just switched to listening to my own music and ignoring the radio.

Back