• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon: Amu's journey, Kanto Awaits!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Preview
    It was a rainy morning like most other mornings in Cerulean City. Everyone was still asleep, except of course for Amu. He couldn't sleep...Why? The excitement was just to much! In a few hours he was going to begin his very own journey just like his dad did before him. His mom had already let him pick a starter pokemon from Professor Oak when he was 10 years old. But sadly she didn't let him begin his journey. NOW he was fifteen years old and his mom gave him permission to go.Now no one could stop him from going out into the world and become a pokemon master! NOW HIS JOURNEY BEGINS!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Chapter 1: It All Begins! Pt.1

"KrrrKrrr!KrrrKrrr!"
    Amu's alarm clock ringed for fifteen minutes straight before he ever responded to it. "*yawn*...Woah I'm late!"exclaimed Amu.
    "I gotta get ready or else mom's gonna have me for breakfast." said Amu as he as scurrying around picking clothes for the one outfit he was going to wear throughout his 'entire'journey. His outfit was fairly simple. He had his favourite blue leather jacket, a dark black shirt with a white outline of a pokéball on it, some black pants and his favourite running shoes.
    As he left his room he realised that he'd forgotten his Charmander sleeping on his bed and his backpack with EVERYTHING he needed! "Oh crap! My backpack and Charmander! I almost forgot them."
    Amu then went back, woke up Charmander and proceeded to check the items in his bag. "Okay... let's see now. Five pokeballs, check. Berry Sack with ten Oran and ten Lum berries, check. Town Map, check. Fishing Rod, check. *sigh* Dad's Mega Ring..."
    Amu's dad had died when he was six. His dad told him to take care of his Mega Ring for him while he was gone. Amu's mom always said "Dad was an idoit, but I loved him anyway..."
    Amu's dad had died while defending Cerulean City from a Team Rocket attack alongside his Mega Charizard. "Anyway... Extra clothes for cold weather, swimming, and rainy days... Not that I'll run into any after I leave here, check. And that's about it, now let's go Charmander!"
    "Char!Charmander,Char!" exclaimed Charmander with excitement

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Chapter 1: It All Begins Pt.2

Amu's mom had already made breakfast. Amu and Charmander came down to eat. "Hmm you're finally up hey?" Said Amu's mom.
    Amu replied "Yeah...I've never been good with alarm clocks.*laughs*"
    "Well you could've asked me to wake you up after your birthday party last night"
    "I know, I know...And you did warn me. But I never listen do I l?" replied Amu
    " Don't worry my boy. You've still got some time to eat before we leave for Pallet Town."
    Amu could only think of one word to reply with "Great!"
    Amu and Charmander were so excited that they ate faster than usual and ended up leaving sooner than expected.

They reached Pallet Town in less than a day thanks to the Kanto Region's new underground train system. Amu and his mom stayed at Gary Oak's house who was his mom's boyfriend. But Amu liked him and since he made his mom happy, there were no big issues between the two. The next morning all three of them along with Amu's Charmander went to Professor Oak's Research Lab to officially begin Amu's journey. When they got there the Professor was gone!
    "What's going on here!" shouted out Gary.
    One of the Professor's aides replied "W...We...don't know. We all got here at 7 am but the Professor was nowhere to be found..."
    Amu saw something outside the window... "Smoke! Maybe that's where the Professor is!"
    Gary ordered the aides "Call officer Jenny and we'll go check out the origin of the smoke!"
    All the aides replied in sync " You got it Gary."
    "Charmander,Char"
    "Yeah Charmander we're gonna save the Professor" said an excited Amu
    Gary left the Lab with Amu's mom dying to Amu " Let's go Amu!"
    Amu replied "Uh, yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Really...generic journey story. Protagonist wakes up in bed, most likely late > talks to his/her mom > eats breakfast, get dressed > goes the Prof's > goes out to become a Pokemon Master/Champion. Now, I don't know if your entire story is like that, but the beginning is, which is a problem. The beginning has to be something to catch the reader's attention and draw them in for the rest of the story, which calls for something unusual/unexpected to happen. The triteness is really apparent in the opening sentence:
    It was a rainy morning like most other mornings in Cerulean City. Everyone was still asleep, except of course for Amu. He couldn't sleep...Why? The excitement was just to much! In a few hours he was going to begin his very own journey just like his dad did before him.
    Amu just sounds like a regular journey protagonist with no definitive traits. Other than that, you often put *actions* within *asterisks* - they should be integrated into the sentence, i.e.
    Amu's alarm clock ringed for fifteen minutes straight before he ever responded to it. ...Woah I'm late!"exclaimed Amu after a tired yawn.
    There are some little grammatical errors and that's really it. P.S. the chapters are really short

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Hmm...okay thanks for the feedback Aisu. This is my first story so...but i was going to work on an attention grabbing beginning after the generic beginning. Plus I'm also thinking of dropping the inclusion of 'chapter' in the titles :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    The Professor gets Kidnapped!

Only a few seconds after Amu exits the lab, one of the Professor's aides took a phone out of his pocket as he walked to a dark corner of the laboratory and wispered as softly as he could to it, "Boss...Boss...Boss!!!"
    In a grumpy annoyed voice Giovanni shouted into the aide's ears " Yeah, yeah! Why did you call me!?"
    And in a rather squeamish voice the aide replied, "Boss, the Professor's brat grandson might become a problem for our current job...Umm 'those two' made a big boom that caught the brat's attention. "
    "What! And you're only calling now you fool!"
    "S...Sorry boss. I cou...couldn't risk my cover."
    "Hmph! Alright then, I'll get those idiots some backup ASAP...Uh, great work Denton..."
    "Heh... Thanks d...dad...Um I mean Sir!"
    "Keep on giving us intel on the situation there and I'll sort those two out."
    "Gotcha Sir! Over and out!"
    Giovanni spoke back in a disappointed tone, "Denton you're holding a phone in your hand...Not a freakin' walkie-talkie!"
    And then Denton realised and said back to Giovanni, "Oh sorry Sir. Bye..."
    "Hmm...Bye Denton..."
    Denton the fake aide only stood there disappointed in himself. But then he remembered. Giovanni said to him that he'd done a great job! So he said to himself with pride; "Denton. You did a good job. Now sick it up and go gather intel for the Boss! Yeah I'm good, did a great job, great..."
    He then walked back to the other and carried on as if nothing 'illegal' had happened.

In the meantime, Amu had caught up to his mom and Gary in their search for the Professor. And Amu had so many questions for Gary about Pokemon, he couldn't keep his mouth shut and. "So Gary how are your Pokemon doing?"asked Amu in a rather nosy tone.
    Gary angrily replied, "Amu...Now is not the time! My grandad is missing, and I don't have time to talk to you about my pokemon!"
    "Woah, woah, waoh! You don't dare talk to my son like that! He's just curious. Even if his timing is really bad, there's no need to lash out at him." Said an overprotective mother of Amu.
    Amu had nothing more to add than, "Yeah! What she said!"
    And Gary realised his mistake and apologetically said, "Marina you're right. Amu I'm sorry for lashing out at you I'm just really stressed right now."
    Amu casually replied with a slight redness on his cheeks, "It's okay man, my timing really is bad anyway."

And so the three of them arrived at the source of the explosion and found lying on the floor, Professor Oak's suitcase and a charred labcoat... Gary couldn't help but break into tears at this sight. And at that moment, all he cold do was scream out, "Grandpa!!! But why!?... Team Rocket, you're gonna pay for this!"
    Marina could only try to comfort Gary, "No... Don't be like that Gary. Just calm down and we'll figure this out together okay?"
    To Amu's suprise, Gary calmed down and said, "Amu. Ive gotta ask you for a favour... Could you... No let's rather go back to grandpa's lab and discuss this properly."
    Amu was disappointed but knew he couldn't expect too much of Gary at the time. So he simply replied, "Alright then. Let's go back."
    Marina was so proud of Amu's mature behaviour. But she had to tease him to add ssome comic relief to a terrible situation, "Aww Amu. At least you've got some compassion under that dense skull of yours"
    And so they all laughed as they walked back to the Professor's Research Lab to discuss something Gary had to ask Amu...

Back