• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC 2016 Team

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
  • Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Stance Change
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Gyro Ball
    - Shadow Ball
    - Wide Guard
    - King's Shield

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pressure
    - Draco Meteor
    - Blizzard
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse

Gengar @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Rest
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance
    - Bounce

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - High Jump Kick
    - Swords Dance
    - Protect

Check it out!

RawrMonkey

bloop
    Years
  • I'd really hate to say this or come off as rude but this teams needs a lot of.. not even work, more like a rework.

Mega Blaziken:
    Your mega is too frail to set up in a doubles environments with legends allowed and not very viable in general in this meta.

Shuckle:
    Toxic and stealth rock aren't very useful either due to timer constraints, the fact that these battles don't last nearly as long as single OU battles completely renders them useless. Shouldn't even be using Shuckle if you actually plan on using this competitively, it's bad..

Gyarados:
    Gyarados has the somewhat of the same problem as Blaziken with setting up mainly due to the fact that you're running moxie > intimidate and no bulk. Good luck waterfalling with Groudon's running rampant.

You're allowed two legends. You should take advantage of this and use two. Plus there are better choices than regular Kyurem.

Edit (Was in a hurry and didn't get to finish what I was saying):
    As PlatinumDude was able to mention this before me, I'd suggest using Kyurem-White over your current one. If you're willing to use this as a building block for editing your team then it's a great start. This, plus your two ghosts, is about all we can work with.

Gengar:
    There are way better sets for Gengar than a choice specs trick set. :/
    Most teams, if not all, are going to have a Mega and highly likely a Primal. That is already two Pokemon you cannot use trick against in a 4v4 match..
    DO NOT use Focus Miss.. It's a terrible move in VGC because misses are the bane of our existence. Rock Slide's accuracy is bad enough and people are really pushing it with origin pulse and precipice blades.
    I suggest running mega Gengar or slapping a focus sash on it.
    Having sludge bomb is a must on Gengar with Xerneas around.
    Gengar works really well as an offensive and disruptive Pokemon.

Aegislash:
    This is about the only Pokemon you have that doesn't need editing, at least not until you have a solid team and then we have to see if it fits.
    But if I could only suggest one thing it would be changing gyro ball to iron head. You'd have more consistent damage and a flinch chance on slower Pokemon/trick room users. It's not a necessary change, but worth trying.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd really hate to say this or come off as rude but this teams needs a lot of.. not even work, more like a rework.

Your mega is too frail to set up in a doubles environments with legends allowed and not very viable in general in this meta.

Toxic and stealth rock aren't very useful either due to timer constraints and the fact that these battles don't last nearly as long as single OU battles. Shouldn't even be using Shuckle if you actually plan on using this competitively.

Gyarados has the somewhat of the same problem as Blaziken with setting up mainly due to the fact that you're running moxie > intimidate and no bulk. Good luck waterfalling with Groudon's running rampant.

You're allowed two legends. You should take advantage of this and use two. Plus there are better choices than regular Kyurem.

To add, if you're insistent on keeping Kyurem, White Kyurem is the best out of the three formes, as it has Fusion Flare as an alternate way to hit Steel Pokemon, as well as a significantly better Special Attack to abuse its special movepool:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard
    -Fusion Flare
    -Earth Power/Ice Beam/Sleep Talk
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years

Mega Blaziken:

Shuckle:
    Toxic and stealth rock aren't very useful either due to timer constraints, the fact that these battles don't last nearly as long as single OU battles completely renders them useless. Shouldn't even be using Shuckle if you actually plan on using this competitively, it's bad..

Gyarados:

Edit (Was in a hurry and didn't get to finish what I was saying):
    As PlatinumDude was able to mention this before me, I'd suggest using Kyurem-White over your current one. If you're willing to use this as a building block for editing your team then it's a great start. This, plus your two ghosts, is about all we can work with.

Gengar:
    There are way better sets for Gengar than a choice specs trick set. :/
    Most teams, if not all, are going to have a Mega and highly likely a Primal. That is already two Pokemon you cannot use trick against in a 4v4 match..
    DO NOT use Focus Miss.. It's a terrible move in VGC because misses are the bane of our existence. Rock Slide's accuracy is bad enough and people are really pushing it with origin pulse and precipice blades.
    I suggest running mega Gengar or slapping a focus sash on it.
    Having sludge bomb is a must on Gengar with Xerneas around.
    Gengar works really well as an offensive and disruptive Pokemon.

Aegislash:
    This is about the only Pokemon you have that doesn't need editing, at least not until you have a solid team and then we have to see if it fits.
    But if I could only suggest one thing it would be changing gyro ball to iron head. You'd have more consistent damage and a flinch chance on slower Pokemon/trick room users. It's not a necessary change, but worth trying.

Looking at this, I realize I kinda didn't put much time or thought into this. I'll try out your suggestions, thanks a lot. Sorry to waste your time!

-Tempest

To add, if you're insistent on keeping Kyurem, White Kyurem is the best out of the three formes, as it has Fusion Flare as an alternate way to hit Steel Pokemon, as well as a significantly better Special Attack to abuse its special movepool:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard
    -Fusion Flare
    -Earth Power/Ice Beam/Sleep Talk
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to try it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back