• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV Training help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    Hey everyone, I hope this is in the right section...
    Anyway, I was wondering if anybody would like to fill me in on EV training.
    I have been out of the loop for a while, and I'm still stuck in Pokemon Red and Blue mode where stats didn't really matter...
    I just ordered Platinum online, and I'd like to create a really good team. I'm trying to learn everything before it comes, that way I can start training right from the start.
    So with that said, can somebody explain how it works?

I googled it, and got the basic information, but there are a few little details in which I need clearing up, such as:

How do I know how many EV points I have in a Pokemon?

Can I mix EV points? Example, can I get +4 in Speed, then +7 in Defense in the same level up? Or is it limited to one stat per level up.

Do you have to get all 4 EV points in order? Like, if I want +2 in Defense, do I have to kill 8 (for example) Geodude in a row, or can I kill 2 Geodude, then a Pokemon that gives 1 point in speed, then 6 Geodude; will any of the points cancel out?

I'm sorry if it's confusing. I'm trying to be as detailed as possible, that way I won't mess up my dream-team.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    -There is no way to know how many Effort Values a Pokemon has without keeping track, although there are berries to reduce EVs that help with approximating.

-EVs can be collected in any order, at any level, regardless of whether or not any EVs were also added to another stat. They do not cancel each other out until that Pokemon reaches its limit.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • There's a lady in Sunnyshore City that'll give your pokemon a ribbon if it's maxed out all its EVs.

More than one stat can be raised through EVs during a level up.

As far as I know, no, they will not cancel out or anything of the sort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back