• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Reality

Cybernova

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Years
  • REALITY

Genre: Pschycological, Fantasy

Synopsis:
    Will Valentine, an 18 year old high school student, dies in an accident. When that happens, his visions, his ambitions, his dreams, all of these things that this prodigy had aspired to achieve disappear into the abyss of oblivion along with him...or did they? What happens to a person after death? What happens to that realm of thought where the person actively dreams and mentally lives in? Will it be bound to the rotting carcass that traps the soul? Or will it take flight to ascend higher dimensions and realities that we could never imagine or comprehend? Death is said to be the end of one life and one world...and it is the beginning and creation of a new one.
    Is imagination reality? Or is reality imagination? Plunge headfirst into a mind-blowing story that will delve into parallel realities you could never imagine.
    --------

NOTE: You guys might be thinking, 'What the heck does this spritual crap have to do with POKEMON?"- Just read on to find out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think that the topic that you suggested, sir is always popular as the great field of speculation. Yet mixing it with pokemon is brillant idea, therefore i will observe, how you will put it in motion.

Bay

Years
  • Yo, so while I do think the premise for this story sounds great and has potential, where's the story? The rules state that for longer works that you post a part (full chapter at least) of your work. So yeah, closing this for now. You can either create a new thread once you're ready to post a chapter of your story or PM me to unclose this thread.

Edit- Okay original poster mention they got a chapter ready, so opening it back for now.

Last edited:

Cybernova

Years
  • CHAPTER ONE: William Valentine

"Get outta here before I string yer' bollocks up, ya' little mite!"

The scene that followed reminded me of a soldier's reaction to "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" I hared off through the doorway, out in to the yard and climbed over the gate like my life depended on it. Then I took a few steps back to witness what my drunken father was about to do, breathing hard. A figure emerged from the house, performing the drunken dance of an alcoholic. I winced as I saw a deluge of wine bottles strike the closed gate of my house. Glass fragments scattered themselves everywhere, and wine pooled on the ground like blood.

My lips creased to form a smile of mockery, and I just stood there, sucking in some sadistic happiness as my father's face turned red and a blood-curling scream escaped from within the depths of his throat.

I chuckled to myself and infuriated him further by ignoring him and walking away like he never existed, and he stood there, clutching the iron bars of the gate like an animal in a zoo.

I trotted to school with nothing but a psychotic sneer on my face, recalling my father's state of capitulation over and over again. It was enough to keep me occupied as I walked to school. School was anathema to me, and believe me, I am more allergic to it than any student who simply detests it because of how it restricts him from experiencing life's luxuries. Just sitting on a chair that belongs to the school makes me shiver.

My perception of school is that it is nothing but a habitat for weak retards and dunces who cannot comprehend simple things and ostracize people who are smarter than them. The haughty female simpletons who educate these retards also think too much of themselves, who also criticize and alienate certain students who have 'abnormal' capabilities. The 'Physical Education' coaches try to run a 200m with a fervor of Usain Bolt, but get comprehensively beaten by me and refuse to accept it like a couple of two year olds. One of the better idiots in the school was the sexagenarian principal. She could understand what I tried to convey to her, and didn't dismiss it as 'tantrums' or 'talking back.' This is also my 'hierarchy of fools', by the way.

School was a tedium that day, not only because of my teacher's countless tirades, but also because of hours of trying to avoid bullies so I wouldn't break their necks in self-defense when they tried to attack me.
    But I was put out of my misery soon enough as school ended. I started my long walk back home, with objectives and aims swirling in my head. My step-father would be sleeping by this time like a Snorlax, and I could sneak in to my room to access my PC and pursue the pure euphoria of playing Pokémon.

I nodded to myself and adjusted my cap, and started to loosen my tie as it was strangling me. All of a sudden, all normalcy broke loose as a hand clasped my uniform. I turned my head to face a gorilla wearing a uniform. It was grinning at me like some love-addled teenager. His effeminate minions stood by him, licking their lips like Hyena that had just found their prey. I sighed and muttered to myself, "What a drag..."

Then the gang of idiots laughed to themselves like something was funny. The stench of these imbeciles was already infesting the miasma, making me feel like I wanted to throw up.

"Ryan, get your hand off me. I really don't want to hurt you," I honestly said, giving him his last chance to retreat.

"Hey, pudogy-"

"It's pronounced as prodigy, nincompoop."

Ryan glared at me with a look of utter loathing.

"Well, 'Prodigy', I just came to check on yer' feelings. Bada'way, how's dat' girlfriend of yer's doin? Wait, isn't the bitc-"
    That bastard. He was going to face my wrath. I gritted my teeth as my fortitude collapsed and I plunged into violence. My hand shot out and my fist connected with Ryan's face like the plane in 9\11. The sound of his nose breaking like a toothpick was a luxury to be relished. He let out a girly scream, but nevertheless, the arrogant infidel got back on his feet and came at me like a bull. I simply kicked his flabby body as it hurtled towards me, and he fell to the concrete earth with a deathly 'thump'.

It took a few minutes for the anger to dissipate and for the bloodlust to clear.

I sighed as I took a look around me. I had attracted everyone's attention and they now looked at me with fear. The clamor of gossip was in the air. I looked down with embarrassment and started to head away, when someone grabbed my bag and pulled it back. It was one of Ryan's henchmen. I growled with irritation and lashed out with a kick that made him collapse like a building.

Countless more came at me, and I sent them all to hell with a combination of ferocious kicks and punches, until there was no person who was willing to fight. I slumped down onto the pavement beside the road. I looked at my hand. It was splashed with blood like the palette of an artist. I got back to my feet, resisting the gravity of misery as much as I could. But I just couldn't. Life used to be a balloon inflated with happiness and glory… until one person left it…and everything went downhill.

Ruminating the past, I just couldn't bring myself to move as despair had me rooted on the spot. A tear dribbled down my cheek, which I attempted to conceal. Over the last three years, with no opportunity for catharsis, I become a person devoid of any emotion or ambition. My only happiness came from gaming, which my step-father seldom allowed and had to be done in secret.

I had become the Titanic, an old, dilapidated ship that had sunken a long time ago, but was still filled with shattered memories at the bottom of the sea. I sighed and started to walk across the pavement, avoiding the pile of bodies that I had built. I shivered with sadness as nostalgia put me in cold misery.

All of a sudden, I was jerked out of my chain of thoughts as a scream filled my ear, and a human force sent me tumbling forward from the pavement and on to the the road. I tried to run, but I knew it was too late. The shape of a truck loomed overhead, casting deathly shadows over me. I had a second left, and I spent it, looking at my killer.

Ryan stood on the pavement, looking at me with an expression of shock.

"I didn't m-"

The world fell apart as hellish heat overcame me and an unbearable pain tore through my stomach, entering a world that was collapsing like a heavenly ray of light. After the regret came the pain. After pain came the blindness. And after blindness came the silence.

William Valentine was dead, his soul now an empty void that echoed eternal silence.
    -----------
    Okay, I know-where is the Pokemon content? How about all the reality and afterlife stuff you were on about? You'll have to wait for another chapter. Sorry!

Last edited:

Cybernova

Years
  • CHAPTER TWO: Confusion

The snow melted under my boot as I streaked through the forest, and I held my hand above my face to resist the deadly grasp of the fierce winter. I took a quick glance to check if I'd got the wolves off my tail, and I gave a sigh of relief. They were gone for good.
    I trudged through the snowy hell, complaining about the stupid weather and how tired I was, and finally stopped when I reached some sort of house. It was designed to look like a Georgian house, and had a chimney from where smoke streamed out. I grasped the door's knob and turned it, and entered the house with haste. A blast of warm air greeted me as I walked in and sunk into the comforting sofa's sea of polyester without thinking twice.

"It's not very nice to just barge in to someone's house without knocking, you know?"
    Startled, I spit out a sequence of unidentifiable swear words and jumped from the sofa like a frightened cat.

"Who the hell are you?" I said, winded up.

A lady sat opposite to the sofa I sat in, smoking and reading a book. She had blue eyes and fair skin, and wore a red shirt. She was gorgeous, I thought.

"Thanks for the compliment, Will. I'm the core of your soul. The being who keeps your memories nice and safe. Everything that you've ever thought of or imagined is all stored within me. I'm your…think-tank. Now, I want you to help me out."

She stood up, and started to walk towards a door. Before I could start following her, she made a gesture for me to stop.

"You might want to close the door. You'll let your guilt in. "

I cursed myself as I realised I'd left the door open. I bolted towards it, and closed it before the wolves could get in.

The enigmatic beauty then resumed her walk, and she kicked open the door, muttering, "We're running out of time…"

I followed her in to the room, baffled. I was in some sort of metal chamber, and it was brimming with darkness. All of a sudden, a familiar voice pierced through the murderous silence.

'I'm in a metal chamber.' Following it, a cacophony of voices started to echo in the room, and I stood still, petrified with shock as I realised it was my voice.

'She's gorgeo-'
    'It's dark in-'
    'Too quie-'
    'It's my voi-'

I covered my ears as the voices insistently tickled my nerves, making me uncomfortable. The with lady then snapped her fingers, and the voices stopped and light filled the room. She crouched all of a sudden, and started rummaging through a pile of colourful and lustrous orbs on the floor.

"Will, come here."

I knelt down beside her and looked at the collection of orbs.
    "Pick one of them. Don't do it randomly-pick which one that your gut tells you to."

I nodded and examined each orb with a tinge of scrutiny. Most of these orbs were blue, with emoji's of sad and angry faces printed on them. After checking all of them, only one orb seemed to synergise with my feelings- an orb that created a spectrum when light passed through it, and had an emoji that was crying and one that was happy.

"This one," I said, giving it to her. She took it and observed it, and then replied, "Good decision-" She paused to look at her watch, and frowned.

"Thanks for being my guest today, Will. We will meet again, but only at times of misery ...like now. Have a good day, sir!"
    Everything went pitch black.
    ------------------------
    My eyes opened very slowly, expecting a clichéd scene: dim lights flooding the operation room, my vision blurry but sharp enough to make out the face of a surgeon who would shout "He's alive! I can feel his heartbeat!", and then the cowed clamour of doctors shouting to each other to get something done or to get a tool, and then someone saying, "It's okay..." in an assuring voice.

It was almost disappointing when nothing like that happened. I groaned and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Surveying the room and myself, I was confused. I looked perfectly alright- I was still in my uniform, and my bag was still strapped to my shoulder. Even my tie was still hanging loose from my collar. Was everything just a… dream? It was the only possible explanation.

I was still perplexed when I realised when I was in some sort of a waiting room. Bright lights stabbed at my eyes, and my body was relaxing in a plush chair. The walls and floor were neat and clean and an air-conditioner was purging out some rejuvenating air. Next to me, an old person was reading some sort of document. I squinted a bit and managed to make out the words on the paper: 'DEATH CERTIFICATE OF William Valentine.'

My heart exploded as I gave a howl of shock. I swore and prised the certificate out of the person's hands, and tried to read it out aloud, but hyperventilation choked me and I dropped the laminated paper, rivers of sweat running down my face.

"Mommy, he's shiny!" a girl shouted. Her voice echoed several times in my head like the stereo effect in my earphones.

My hand shot out to grab a tissue and I wiped the sweat, stuffing some tissue into my mouth in the process. I spat it out, my mind ready to explode from the amount of confusion swelling up in my head. I felt nauseous, and before I knew it, I was throwing up on the old man.

After a few apologies and smiles that belittled what I'd done to him, I settled down, ignoring the frequent whispers of 'noob' I was hearing everywhere. I was just about to faint when I heard a bell chime and a door open. Someone stepped out and shouted, "William
    Valentine, Reality one, Death one, please come in for consultation!"

He stepped back in and shut the door. What the hell was going on?! It was brutally capricious, I reflected while walking to the door, and opened the doorknob and staggered as I entered the room.

------------

Last edited:

Cybernova

Years
  • CHAPTER THREE:Revelations

I tried to steady myself as I walked into the room by walking like a soldier, but I just ended losing my balance and slipping. I groaned as pain shot up my nose and stimulated a streak of coughs.This was probably the worst day I'd ever had since Jesus had invented the calendar.

"Whoa, Sir, are you alright?" a British voice asked. Normally, I would've replied with a sarcasm and belligerence, but right now, I just felt exasperated.

I felt the person's hands tugging at mine, but I broke free of his grip and stood up by myself. I dusted my uniform, and started to swivel around like a drunkard, dazed by the day's events.

"I think you need some water," the person said, and forced a bottle into my hand. I took it up, quaffed off the water, and threw it down. Then I stumbled and staggered until I reached a chair, and I sunk into it, drained by exhaustion.

As I melted into the chair like a heated chocolate, my mind ruminated on the past. Slowly, chunk by chunk, it all came back to me.

Ryan pushing me in front of a truck that was hurtling through the streets at full speed...running away from my 'guilt' and helping out a lady in a harsh blizzard..then ending up here, in an office, unharmed and fresh. I took a deep breath, and squeezed all my confusion out of me, and sat up straight.

A million thoughts raced through my mind, some the product of exhaustion and maybe of hysteria. Was I going crazy? Was I in comatose? Was I in a mental asylum, right now going to consulted by some Psychologist?

Ugh. I just had to hope the 'consultant' would explain it to me.

The consultant sat in a chair opposite to me. He seemed to be your regular person, nothing unusual about him- a bald man wearing spectacles. But don't think of him of a petty nerd when I describe him- he was pretty muscular and well-built and had a pretty tough voice.
    Between him and me was a mahogany table with piles of neatly arranged documents on it, and there was a card on it, which read-
    'Merlin Parker-Consultant for Deaths 1-6'
    "Are you ready, Will?"
    He jerked me out of rumination, and I answered, a bit surprised.

"Y-yes," I stuttered.

"Alright. Is this your first death?"

Amusement riddled me. What was with this 'death' crap everyone was on about?

"Wha...?" I blurted out like an idiot. Merlin then took off his spectacles and started to wipe them with a cloth.

"I'm sorry. I forgot this was your first death. All of this must be pretty confusing for you..."
    I nodded in reply, yearning for a proper explanation.

"Okay, listen carefully-" he stopped to adjust the position of his spectacles.

"Will, you're dead-" He had to stop again because I choked on the water I was drinking and had to spit it out.

"-but don't worry, dying isn't too serious.In your world, it is an aphorism that death is the end of existence, but luckily for you, it isn't. Dying is only the beginning of another world. Something called a 'soul' inhabits your body. It is what gives you the ability to think, to imagine, and to feel emotions. It is one of the most defining properties of a living being. Everything that you think or imagine is stored in a liquid inside the soul. The Soul actually uses the human body as a host. When the host is severely damaged, the soul is forced to leave it and you 'die'. But, after you die, the soul fabricates a reality from the essence of your imagination, where it continues to live. For example, your world is a reality created by a being called Arceus from the Pokemon reality. Only godly Pokemon like it have the capability to create such complex universes."

All this time, while he'd been talking, I'd been trying to contain my laughter, but now I couldn't take it anymore and I burst like a balloon. It was hilarious to know that it was Pokemon who created us and not the other way around…and all this bull-crap about the 'soul', it was just so funny. I continued to convulse with laughter until I had tears in my eyes, and only stopped when I realised Merlin was looking at me with seriousness.

"Uh, sorry…"

"It's fine. All newbies react like this," he replied with exasperation. He sighed, and picked up from where he left the explanation.

"The Soul is very sophisticated. It is not a solid, a liquid, or a gas- it is something completely beyond the comprehension of a human being. Some speculate that it may be a material from the 4th or 5th dimension. There is a being called the MEMORY who lives in your soul. She takes care of all your thoughts and emotions, and when you die, she's the one who takes care of deciding which reality you go to. You must've met her already. Recently, she found a memory that was completely out of place in your mind. After further examination, she discovered that it was a Summon. A Summon is something that takes you to another reality, and it can only be created by the Creator of the Soul himself or…I don't know. But I think that…that you might be taking part in something that will change history. Something really important."
    I nodded to myself, processing everything he had just said.

"Any questions?"

"Yeah. Who's the 'Creator'?"

"The answer is obvious- no one knows. But we do know that a creature called Spiritomb binded the soul with the human body."

"You said that the Soul grants life to a being, along with Emotions, imagination and the ability to think. How come I don't see that in some of the lower creatures?"

"Ah, you're an astute one! The lower animals have the basic form of the soul, called the 'ANIMA'."

"What was the first ever reality?"

"We don't know, but the earliest one that've uncovered is the Pokemon Universe."

"Where am I being summoned to?"

Merlin didn't even try to mask his impatience.
    "You'll find out when you get there."

All of a sudden, the noise of a bell ringing broke the conversational mood, and Merlin raised his hand to look at his watch.

"It's seems that our time is up, Will! It was a pleasure meeting you, and I hope to meet you again! Farewell!"

Before I could reply, darkness enveloped me. Before I knew it, I was sent whizzing through a wormhole at the speed of light. Beautiful colours flashed here and there, and I tried to scream, but nothing came out as it was only my soul that was embarking on this journey. Ii watched the temporal fabric enclosing me distort and sometimes creating ruptures through which I saw other universes. After travelling through the infinite expanses of time and space, my journey ended, and earthly colours flowed back into my vision.

Last edited:
    Back