• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've Been Watching Pokemon: Journeys on Netflix...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
Not gonna lie. It's not good. That's probably because I'm a 27 yro man. But it's really making me wanna go to Gamestop and pick up a PKMN game.

Edit: Started to watch the Sun and Moon series on Netflix and it's way better than Journeys

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think your age has anything to do with it. Like 75% of the fan base is in their 20s. And I know more people who are older and still love pokemon. Your age has nothing to do with what you like and enjoy.

As for SM, I would think a lot of people would disagree with you that SM is better. Honestly, I feel like SM is the worst series and the only series I have never watched every episode of and no desire to rewatch any of it. I liked the Legendary Arcs, but that is about it.

I think Journeys is better, but still not the best. If they didn't go so gong ho about Goh catching everything, it may have become one of the best.

Years
I'm a 30 year old woman and enjoying Journeys a lot, though that seems to be a bit of a controversial opinion among the vocal fanbase haha.

SuMo was mixed at the beginning as well but a lot of people I see grew to like it over time. It wasn't perfect, but after watching it for a while there are people who adjusted to the art style and realized the series was actually quite good. It touched on some very sensitive topics in well-written ways (looking at you, SM021 and SM108). I don't think I've ever cried as much watching Pokémon as I did when watching SM108.

Overall, Journeys is definitely much more controversial than SuMo is now. Going to disagree with IcyIce in that regard - as someone who has been involved in the pokeani fanbase since 2002 or so, I can definitely say Journeys is the most controversial saga to date. SuMo was initially, but it didn't take massively long for people to warm up to it. We're now 1.5+ years into Journeys and things don't seem to be getting too much better in the vocal community. I think the last time it was on a similar level was when we had Iris in BW.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
I hear you guys. I just feel the series has become gradually more aimed toward the youngest of audiences as it has progressed much like the games. It's still Pokemon. Which is classic. But the older games like Gold and Silver and the original Ruby and Sapphire and the oldest iteration of the show have a more mature feel to it than where they are now. No offense but I'm really not sure how one can refute that after playing/watching them

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
And I'm a 24 year old person and still like Pokemon journeys. Age =/= you can't enjoy something that's for a ""younger audience"" Pokemon is for everyone, btw.

Back