• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] challenges on youtube

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • so i think what brought me back into my current pokemon craze is watching challenges on youtube lol. i really like mah-dry-bread, johnstone, and chaoticmeatball. i really love that johnstone does a lot of crazy ambitious challenges that like. honestly idk how you would ever make a thread for here if we're thinking PC terms (like that how many ribbons can you get on one pokemon challenge). but i really love the out of the box thinking, or chaoticmeatball's 386 challenge where he goes through FRLG with each first form johto and hoenn pokemon to see how they fair in a region they're not native to. reminds me of the hall of fame challenge i did in white kinda, only that was for the (you guessed it) hall of fame and not the entire run. anyway yeah are there any challenges you like to watch on youtube that you recommend? i like to have them on in the background while i play mine tbh lol so i'm always looking for more people to watch.

Years
  • I don't watch Pokémon Youtubers, so I don't have anyone to recommend. But I quickly checked the ones you mentioned and I found out that chaoticmeatball tried to beat Soul Silver with just Sunkern and failed. And I can't help but to flex that earlier this year I beat Heart Gold with just Sunkern without fainting once the whole game. And now I'm happier because I'm better at Pokémon than some random Youtuber.

Jokes aside, his 386 challenges looks interesting. It reminds me of some users here that tried to beat FRLG with each evolution line from Kanto.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • omg spoilers man i hadn't watched that one!! jk. he did professor oak's challenge in HG too which was. insane. it took him like a year to do lol as much as i love grinding and other mundane tasks, i don't think i could ever do one of those in any game...oof.

Years
  • I heard about Professor Oak's Challenge and it really sounds like something I couldn't be bothered with. Kudos to everyone who finish it.

Back