• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Hi everyone! I have some questions for y'all:
    1. Is it true that the series is currently ongoing?
    2. Is it true that Pokémon in USA have seasons but not in the Japanese version?
    3. Is it true that the series of Pokémon gets "reset" every time that the characters change regions? How many times have they done this? Does the manga do the same?
    Please reply! Thanks!

Years
  • Hi everyone! I have some questions for y'all:
    1. Is it true that the series is currently ongoing?
    2. Is it true that Pokémon in USA have seasons but not in the Japanese version?
    3. Is it true that the series of Pokémon gets "reset" every time that the characters change regions? How many times have they done this? Does the manga do the same?
    Please reply! Thanks!

Hi, I moved this to the Pokémon Anime forum since it fit best there!

I can help answer your questions as an anime viewer. =)

1) Yep, it is, though the dubbed version of the anime is around 5 months behind the Japanese version.
    2) There are ways to watch Japanese episodes, but not with any subtitles unless you look for illegal streams. Netflix (which currently has exclusive rights to the current anime saga) only uploads English dubbed episodes, not Japanese. Pokémon is one of the anime where accessing Japanese versions legally is difficult, and there are no official subtitles for Japanese episodes. A lot of people online are vocal about wanting legal sources for subtitled episodes, but we haven't gotten them.
    3) To an extent. Ash tends to leave most of his Pokémon behind for each new region. Lately they've been doing better at acknowledging his previous battles/victories though, like in the newest saga he actually mentioned he was Champion of the Alola League. The current saga has a lot of returning characters and throwbacks to past seasons in general 👍 So even if Ash starts a fresh team each time, it's clear the experiences of past travels aren't completely erased from his memory.

The manga changes protagonists with each region iirc, so the reset thing doesn't apply there. Cameo characters keep their experience from what I know.

Back