• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to start again?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    Hello to all,

As it was a very long time when I was collecting pokemon cards (I think the NEO was last) I'm really lost at the moment and trying to get some information's about it. I'm mostly interested in collecting them in collecting purposes, not for playing.
    Can you maybe give me some info what is happening at the moment, what is worth of collecting, is it worth collecting any of old cards (1st edition, base set, fosil set, net, etc.) or is better to turn to new stuff?

Thank you in advance

Years
  • Hello to all,

As it was a very long time when I was collecting pokemon cards (I think the NEO was last) I'm really lost at the moment and trying to get some information's about it. I'm mostly interested in collecting them in collecting purposes, not for playing.
    Can you maybe give me some info what is happening at the moment, what is worth of collecting, is it worth collecting any of old cards (1st edition, base set, fosil set, net, etc.) or is better to turn to new stuff?

Thank you in advance

Well, that depends on how much money you want to allocate to collecting. The stuff you were collecting generally has some high value, particularly among the rarest cards. It may be sticker shock to someone who probably hasn't collected since they were a kid.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Nowadays, the hyper secret rainbow rares and the most profitable cards that you can unpack from a standard booster. But, I will always side with 'vintage' pokemon cards as being the most collectable overall.

Back