• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planet Sounds

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • Sound cannot travel in space because there's no medium for it to travel through such as air right? Not entirely.
    You see, when space probes fly by planets they can detect electromagnetic waves and radio waves which get sent back to Earth where they are translated into a sound that's within our audible frequencies range, and these are the results:

Can't deny that some of them sound really creepy, especially Saturn in my opinion. {XD}

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've listened to many of these and I honestly find them so fascinating to listen to. There was a Top 5 mysterious space sounds video on YouTube and one of them was from Saturn's poles which sounded insanely creepy.

Years
  • For a moment, I thought the Pluto one was just some nice white noise, and then the other sounds started. Then I thought it was amusing that a planet with a whale tail on it makes sounds that I could imagine on some kind of alien whale, hah.

I don't think I had heard all these before! I think I went looking for a collection of them all, and didn't have much luck. I know I've heard Saturn's for sure, and I still think it sounds like something out of Earthbound. Probably heard Jupiter's as well. But yeah, these are fascinating - even if I can't listen to these at night because they'll end up creeping me out. It's happened before.

Back