• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew! No, Seriously. - Mew EX Legendary Treasures RC24/RC25

Years
  • This week, we go to one of the rarest Pokemon, Mew!

Spoiler:

Rate, comment, and discuss!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I feel like this is probably the best card we have looked at so far. Though it is an ex. It is one of the more fun ones to play. It can basically be the wild card of any deck that runs blend/prism energy. Its seen quite a bit of play. Especially in the really scary Accel/Goth/Mew deck that just dominated before virizion came out.

Though if Garbotoxin gets into play, mew is basically worth less and can only move around energy.

On a fun side note. I feel like this was the best card to pull during the pre release, as your deck most likely ran tons of different energy anyway.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I really like the holo pattern; none of my cards have a pattern like that. I also like the throwback to Legend Maker's Mew ex with Versatile, except this one is an
    ability.png
    rather than a
    pokebody.png

Years
  • Personally, I think the foil pattern is amazing. I dislike, and have for a while, how low its HP is for an EX, though, and I don't think I'd find it particularly useful due to this, even with its Versatile Ability.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • poked my head in here out of curiosity - long time since I dabbled in the TCG side of things.

When I last did (10+ years ago) 120HP was as good as it got!! Can't believe you could think that wasn't enough HP! Then again, I'm obviously old hat and not new boots :P

Then again, last time I dabbled I got a booster (just the one) and pulled Shining Tyranitar! Thought it was amazing at the time, is it still a good collectible / rare card?

Years
  • poked my head in here out of curiosity - long time since I dabbled in the TCG side of things.

When I last did (10+ years ago) 120HP was as good as it got!! Can't believe you could think that wasn't enough HP! Then again, I'm obviously old hat and not new boots :P

Then again, last time I dabbled I got a booster (just the one) and pulled Shining Tyranitar! Thought it was amazing at the time, is it still a good collectible / rare card?

Well, I actually never really stopped collecting. The cards just became a thing I never bought because I had very little money of my own and I stopped getting gifted the cards. As for the Mew EX featured in this thread, it actually has very low HP for an EX (which is officially a different card type from ex) since almost all of the other EXs have at least 160 HP.

As for finding values of cards, I'll refer you to our thread for that: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274173

Back