• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Sun Team! [Ubers]

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Hey there, so I've got back to competitive battling again, and I've recently created an Ubers team which relies on Drought.

Attack! [Deoxys-Attack] @ Focus Sash
    EVS: 136 Atk/120 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
    Ability: Pressure
    ~ Psycho Boost
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ ExtremeSpeed
    ~ Superpower​

My awesome lead. Standard mixed Deoxys-A sweeper. This has been a real boon to my
    team as it takes out core Pokemon early and gives me an edge during battle.

God [Arceus-Normal] @ Life Orb
    EVS: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    Ability: Multitype
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Recover/Refresh
    ~ Shadow Claw
    ~ ExtremeSpeed​

Physical Sweeper. When the right time comes, I try to get a +4 Attack and hit them all out with
    stabbed ExtremeSpeeds, which generally take them out. Shadow Claw is reserved for annoying
    Pokemon like Giratina and other Ghost Pokemon which are immune to Extremespeed.

Thorns n' Spikes [Ferrothorn] @ Leftovers
    EVS: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    ~ Protect
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Spikes​

Standard Ferrothorn. Protect for scouting, Thunder Wave to cripple swift Pokemon, Leech seed
    is there because it is OP, and Spikes, because it's Spikes.

SilverHead [Dialga] @ Leftovers
    EVS: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Pressure
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Dragon Tail
    ~ Fire Blast​

Just a heads up, I will NOT be replacing this pokemon as it has helped me win in the most difficult
    of situations and it has been a saviour to my entire team. It has worked out fairly well despite
    any odds with my lineup.
    Stealth Rock for entry hazards, Draco Meteor for a powerful STAB, Dragon Tail to phaze things out,
    and Fire Blast because it's OP in the sun with max Special Attack. This Pokemon serves as a bulky
    sweeper and can easily set up Rocks and get off a few good attacks.

Earthquake [Groudon] @ Leftovers
    EVS: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Drought
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Thunder Wave​

Bulky physical attacker. Physical counterpart to Dialga, except that it carries Thunder Wave.
    Fire Punch because it's OP in the sun, Stone Edge to take those pesky Ho-Ohs and
    Rayquazas and Earthquake because it's STAB.

Fire Bird [Ho-Oh] @ Life Orb
    EVS: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Regenerator
    ~ Sacred Fire
    ~ Roost
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Brave Bird​

Sacred Fire because it's awesome, Roost because it serves better than Recover [I.E gets rid of the
    Flying type so that less damage from Stone Edge/Thunder/Thunderbolt is taken] Earthquake to
    counter steel types like Dialga and Brave Bird cause its STAB and does loads of damage to most
    Pokemon out there.

That's that; there's my team. I'm still fairly new to competitive battling, especially Ubers, therefore
    constructive criticism would be highly appreciated.

-CrashCore​

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A defensive set + Life Orb set for Ho-oh isn't very good here, as LO recoil wastes away its bulk, even with Regenerator, and especially when combined with a Stealth Rock weakness. A physically defensive spread for Ho-oh is better because its Special Defense is high enough already:
    -Sacred Fire
    -Brave Bird
    -Substitute/Whirlwind
    -Roost
    Nature: Impish
    EVs:248 HP/8 Atk/252 Def
    Item: Leftovers

If you want Ho-oh to go offensive, use these, as Life Orb is better with them anyways:
    -Sacred Fire
    -Brave Bird
    -Substitute/Earthquake
    -Roost
    EVs: 248 HP/176 Atk/84 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
    -Flame Charge/Tailwind
    -Sacred Fire
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost/Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Even with Regenerator, Ho-oh is still mauled by Stealth Rock. You're going need a Rapid Spinner on the team, and Excadrill seems like the 'mon to do it. I dunno who to replace for it, though:
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rapid Spin
    -Rock Slide/Substitute/Iron Head
    EVs: 176 HP/60 Atk/252 SDef/20 Spe
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Ferrothorn is Taunt bait as it currently lacks offensive moves:
    -Spikes
    -Power Whip/Gyro Ball
    -Gyro Ball/Leech Seed
    -Stealth Rock/Protect/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/48 Atk/208 SDef

Edit: I wouldn't recommend splitting Deoxys' offensive EVs, as even minimally-invested ExtremeSpeeds and Superpowers hurt; the EV spread should be 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe.

Arceus needs some Speed so that it can outspeed max Speed base 90s (88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spe).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Thanks PlatinumDude. You're always of so much help. :')
    I think I'll be replacing Arceus with Rapid Spin Excadrill. And surely I'll be changing my Ho-Oh into a more defensive Pokemon.
    I think I'll go with Gyro Ball though 'cause potentially it seems to dish out more damage after testing out a bit.
    Thanks again man. ^^
    P.S If you have any suggestion for a defensive Groudon set that goes in sync with this team, post here thanks. :')

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks PlatinumDude. You're always of so much help. :')
    I think I'll be replacing Arceus with Rapid Spin Excadrill. And surely I'll be changing my Ho-Oh into a more defensive Pokemon.
    I think I'll go with Gyro Ball though 'cause potentially it seems to dish out more damage after testing out a bit.
    Thanks again man. ^^
    P.S If you have any suggestion for a defensive Groudon set that goes in sync with this team, post here thanks. :')

Here's a defensive Groudon set for you:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Fire Blast/Lava Plume
    -Dragon Tail/Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

Back