• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats next ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2017
    Hey everyone,
    What do you all think will come next in terms of new Pokémon games ?
    Gen 8 ?
    Diamond and Pearl remakes ?
    Something entirely new ?
    Let me know, i would love to hear your opinions
    As for myself, I would love to see Diamond and Pearl remakes, but Gamefreak is known for starting off with new generations each time they change consoles.
    But then again, they did throw a curveball at us with US and UM.
    So yeah, i dont know, let me know what you would want to see, and why.

southsage

S T A R M A N
    Years
  • i think it will be a kanto remake. I made a video about leaks someone posted on /vp/ although they are probably fake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbj6SbemHxQ

but I think that the game would be similar to what this fake leaker detailed anyway.
    so yea, a revisit to kanto.
    Do I want that?
    I don't really know. I guess I would probably be okay with it, although I would prefer a new region.
    I would want them (GameFreak) to use more of their backlog content instead of pumping out more anyway. But we'll see!!

Years
  • Since the next main game is moving to Switch, it's very likely going to be the first games for Generation 8.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I think next game up in line will be a new Mystery Dungeon.

They usually are the last game they will release per Generation, so I expect one to come out late next year.
    And probably on the Nintendo 3DS. They did say Ultra Sun/Moon is the last main core games to be released on that console, right?

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I assume it will be gen 8, but I will be happy with anything.

For spin-offs, Mystery Dungeon would be great, I also wouldn't mind if after all these years they'd make another Poképark.

Back