• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online Game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I'm guessing this isn't possible, but just to be sure can I make an online game with a rom? I doubt it because it is a GBA rom which uses P2P connection not online but if it is possible that would be cool...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I'm guessing this isn't possible, but just to be sure can I make an online game with a rom? I doubt it because it is a GBA rom which uses P2P connection not online but if it is possible that would be cool...

Yes, it's possible. Please wait until tomorrow to get a detailed how to ;)

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I do not kno how but i have seen online games before like u r suggestiong.

Phiilbro
    Xatu's Only Friend

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There's a program that you could have 2-4 players play one hack that has a lot of maps that you can warp to when you are in the battle room in the center or 2-16 players in FR/LG/E but it won't be like the battle room, the other players will just stand there.

You could make an online game with other programs but not a hack. Maybe you could look in the Game Development section.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well, if you're looking for ways to play against others online with ROMs, then I'd suggest VBALink. I've never tried it, but it should work. And besides, it's your only option as far as I know.

If it isn't working over the internet now, then it should at some point in the future.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Playing with the emulator online it's not so difficult but it it requires some time to dedicate. So, don't worry if the first time don't work properly. Ok, let's go!

1. First of all you need the right emulator, obviously. Get here the latest version of the VBA Link (v1.8.0 beta0). VBALink is a normal Visualboy Advance, but it supports up to 4 GBAs linked together (2 when using Wireless adapter).
    2. Now we will focus on the online connection. Get the program named Hamachi from here. Hamachi is VPN (Virtual Private Network) client that allows you to create fake LAN connections making your computers on the Internet believe that are connected on LAN. See this page for further information about Hamachi and how to use it: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/howitworks.asp
    3. Tell your your friends to do the same you just did.
    4. Each player open the VBA Link and setup all the things, like controls, save paths and so on. Important: make sure that the "Pause when inactive window" option under Options -> Emulator is unchecked.
    5. Now each player go to Options -> Link -> Settings and Check "Network". If you want better speed at the cost of slightly less stability, select "Faster" on the slidebar (recommended for wireless Pokémon). Moreover you can also change the Link timeout but if you do so remember to apply the same value for all players.
    6. One of you goes to the connection button on Hamachi (the one that looks like a triangle on the left) and create a new network, give it a simple name and a password.
    7. The others go to the connection button and join existing network, they will have to put the same name and password that has just created, then click OK and they will be connected.
    8. The same person who created the newtwork on Hamachi must select "Server" tab on VBA Link Options and click Start button.
    The others choose "Client", enter the IP address of the joined network and click Connect.
    9. When all players are connected, a message box with the text "All players connected" will appear (at least it should :-).
    10. Load the game and play! NOTE: When someone closes the emulator, the others will become disconnected.

Some connection problems may occur, here are some possible solutions:
    * Close any programs that's using your Internet band such as browser, p2p etc. except for Hamachi and VBA Link, of course;
    * Either turn off your firewall or allow it to connect and accept incoming connections for Hamachi/VBA Link;
    * Change the Safer/Faster range option and/or set a different port number.

Enjoy! ;)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Maybe.., just maybe...

My bestfriend and I has the same dream in our lives!

And that's to create an online 3d PKMN adventure through KANTO, JOHTO, HOENN and SINNOH...

But I am worried that maybe we'll never reach our dream...

Oh well...

I already know two PKMN Online games... Namely, Pokemon Crater and Pokemon NetBattle...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yes, the VBA link thing is your best bet over your computer. Although you could just get diamond or pearl and battle over the internet with other players...
    I already know two PKMN Online games... Namely, Pokemon Crater and Pokemon NetBattle...
    Don't forget Pokemon Online, it's in it's beta version right now, but you can battle with it and talk to people in a (very small) virtual world.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Pokemon Online.....? Sorry, but I never heard of it...

Could you pls. explain to me what that is?

If you don't mind...

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • But its possible to make gba online game. Mastermew made one in Pokemon um..Pokemon Sunshine i think.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    you could make a online pokemon game using Macromedia Flash but that costs loads and it hard to do.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    It uses a Macromedia........?

Hmm...

My youngest brother downloaded that in a website...

Back