• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Eevee evolutions method fixing

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • So i was playing Pokemon christmas edition and that got me wondering, why they didn't put moss rock in Ilex forest and ice rock in Ice path? Any reason why gamefreak forgot to do that?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • HG/SS were remakes of Johto. Therefore they wanted to make it feel like Generation 2 or Johto as much as possible by limiting Eevolutions to those available at the time. Did it stop you from importing one from D/P/Pt? Heck no but it falls in line with their take on LGPE by limiting Eevee to the first three Eevolutions despite the fact there are five more options available.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • HG/SS were remakes of Johto. Therefore they wanted to make it feel like Generation 2 or Johto as much as possible by limiting Eevolutions to those available at the time. Did it stop you from importing one from D/P/Pt? Heck no but it falls in line with their take on LGPE by limiting Eevee to the first three Eevolutions despite the fact there are five more options available.

1.Yeah but OR/AS has the ice rock in the ice cave
    2.I don't usually trade pokemon via devices, unless i could hack those items into HG/SS if they are hidden in game (like Umbreon/Eevee and the legendary birds being able to flee in the data of G/S/C)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • 1.Yeah but OR/AS has the ice rock in the ice cave
    2.I don't usually trade pokemon via devices, unless i could hack those items into HG/SS if they are hidden in game (like Umbreon/Eevee and the legendary birds being able to flee in the data of G/S/C)

I can't justify their reasoning behind ORAS. Maybe seeing as they were adding a new typing to Generation 3 in Fairy that they felt compelled to do something? Perhaps they allowed Glaceon and Leafeon when May, in the Anime, evolved Eevee into Glaceon after going to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup. Weak reasoning I know but when your star protagonist from the region gets one, seems plausible to allow such Eevolutions in Generation 3 remakes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Perhaps they wanted to encourage some trading between HGSS and DPPt with these things. I would have rathered some way to evolve them and others like Magnezone, given all the others e.g. Tangrowth were easily obtainable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2018
    Maybe they use these things to encourage trading between DPPT and HGSS?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Game Freak dropped the ball. The "they wanted to be faithful to the original GS games" excuse doesn't work since a good chunk of the features in HGSS weren't even in GS, so it's not like adding the moss rock and ice rock would've been impractical.

LOL good one sir

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    IGNORE MY DELETED POST, I PLAY TOO MANY ROM HACKS & AM A NUMBSKULL WHO CAN'T READ.

1.Yeah but OR/AS has the ice rock in the ice cave
    I can't justify their reasoning behind ORAS. Maybe seeing as they were adding a new typing to Generation 3 in Fairy that they felt compelled to do something? Perhaps they allowed Glaceon and Leafeon when May, in the Anime, evolved Eevee into Glaceon after going to Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup. Weak reasoning I know but when your star protagonist from the region gets one, seems plausible to allow such Eevolutions in Generation 3 remakes.

Perhaps they wanted to encourage some trading between HGSS and DPPt with these things. I would have rathered some way to evolve them and others like Magnezone, given all the others e.g. Tangrowth were easily obtainable.

Game Freak dropped the ball. The "they wanted to be faithful to the original GS games" excuse doesn't work since a good chunk of the features in HGSS weren't even in GS, so it's not like adding the moss rock and ice rock would've been impractical.

It wouldn't suprise me if GF was worried about pissing too many of us off if they had no way to get all eevolutions in ORAS itself, simply doing it just to shut us up. But then I wasn't very active in watching the anime tbh.. But Yeah, just a bigger reason to shut us up. xD

I would have rather been able to evolve all the Eevee in HGSS itself, plus Magneton-->Magnezone... come on, they could have at least made Magnezone possible in Kanto Power Plant. I understand they have this taboo when it comes to "National Dex Stuff" but they really push it when it comes to remakes. Look in the case of FRLG & RSE.. christ, you can't even trade between those 2 until after getting national dex.

Yeah, they're capable of making a pretty good game but are just as good at disappointing tbh. ><
    ... probably why moved away from playing mainstream. XD

Back