• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trade Guilt.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Spoiler:
    Whoa dude, spoiler that. >_> I don't think anybody would expect something like that in a thread like this, certainly not me.

Years
  • How about we have rules about wonder trading?
    Wonder Trading would be horrible if all we got were Flebe.
    Rules:
    No Flowers, Oddish, Panpour, sear, sage, no pikachu
    unless it has poke virus.
    --------------------
    I traded a bunch of haunters, pokerus things. i like some of the pokemon i got :]
    Delibirds named No Christmas.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • I've been dumping Adamant Chespins into it all day as I try and hatch a shiny one. Some trades have been good and others...meh, but I'm always excited when I get a foreign Scatterbug.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, I told my sister to put up a rubbish Pokemon to test it out, so she put up a level 3 Caterpie and got...a level 50 Zoroark. There must be an unhappy Japanese guy out there. Did it again and she got an Arcanine D:

I know it's random and I have no control over it but...
    Am I the only one who Feels bad when you get too good of a pokemon from it?

For example, I've been breeding Eevees today for one with a good IV spread, Finally got a good one for Sylveon and decided to trade away the extras, Figuring Eevees are a rare find on Route 10 and some people may have missed them it would be a decent trade. It will also help me fill out my pokedex, Win Win.

Now Of course I get some lame trades like Pawniard, Drifloon, Skiddo, 3 Fletchlings. But I also occasionally end up getting stuff like Pangoro, Jolteon, Vaporeon, A level 63 Absol, Stuff People might not have realized they're Getting a lvl 1 Eevee for.

I know it's not my fault, Still cant help from feeling a bit guilty.

I got a level 1 Eevee yesterday for my test-trade Tentacool, wonder if that was you, haha.

I got a male Fennekin, which is cool and all. Only to realize it wasn't bred, lv. 5 and is called "Kennekins". I wanted to trade it back but the guy who gave it to me wasn't the OT. Looks like this "Shauna" didn't know what she was getting into.

It hit like a brick. I don't feel guilty for what I get but dammit this is an exception.

Now THAT is sad!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yeah, I told my sister to put up a rubbish Pokemon to test it out, so she put up a level 3 Caterpie and got...a level 50 Zoroark. There must be an unhappy Japanese guy out there. Did it again and she got an Arcanine D:

Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble but you can actually catch Zoroark around that level in Route 20-something. :(

So jealous of the Arcanine though!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Don't feel bad, last night I got a level 1 Fletchling from wonder trade named AIDZ. I would have been quite happy with an Evee...

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I have been tradeing out lv 1 starters and i usualy dont feel bad (mostly because every other time its a weedle) but i just got a lv 50 gardavor with the megaevolve thing! And to top it off, it had pokerus! D:

The Guilt is sometimes inevitable, even with precautions...

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    I have been tradeing out lv 1 starters and i usualy dont feel bad (mostly because every other time its a weedle) but i just got a lv 50 gardavor with the megaevolve thing! And to top it off, it had pokerus! D:

The Guilt is sometimes inevitable, even with precautions...

if you want to get rid of some, spread pokerus to a whole load of your pokemon/some bad ones you caught and then trade them through wonder trade. Pokerus will make someone's day, know it would mine.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
  • I got a Level 50 Japanese Zoroark too, lol.
    Anyway I don't see any real reason to feel guilty.

The ones who trade low levels are those who don't need them or want to complete their Pokedex.

The ones who trade high levels are those who want to help other people, probably.

I know if I beat the game I'd Wonder Trade a couple of high leveled Pokemon, with a message attached (if mail is in this game.)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Sometimes, koff~

I usually trade a higher level Pokemon to start off and get a lower level or inferior specimen. I then wonder trade those off. I think that's the way it goes for most people as well, koffi~

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I caught some level 45-50 mons just to shoot off on wonder trade. Hoping a newbie gets a Lv. 50 Torcoal on his first day!!!

Years
  • i wouldn't feel too guilty about it...
    i bred a few starters and sent them and got "junk" in return
    but that's part of the game!
    plus i don't really mind, i just wanted to do something nice for someone else
    it's fun. nobody's expecting a 5 star pokemon at random.
    no worries. ♥

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • I got a level 1 Eevee yesterday for my test-trade Tentacool, wonder if that was you, haha.
    Ya know, In hindsight I did get a Tentacool from one person.
    Just checked though, It's Japanese.

Sorry if I'm bursting your bubble but you can actually catch Zoroark around that level in Route 20-something.

So jealous of the Arcanine though!
    I am also, one of my favorite pokemon.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I know someone should feel guilty, I got a Ditto through Wonder Trade .... for a Skitty.

PS: It's not me who should feel guilty. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I just traded my Amaura (seeing as I wasn't using it in my team) and got a level 11 Espurr :lol: This is kinda fun, I mgiht keep trading what I get until I randomly get something good :p

I just got a Level 40 Mild Pumpkaboo (so of course it evolved into Gourgeist) for a Level 7 Flabebe, ooooh!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please if you're using wondertrade do not trade Flabebe's e___________e
    that is one of my pet peev's......
    RAWR
    especially when I'm trading pokerus 50% of the time, but honestly does pokerus mean anything with super training?

Back