• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About editing the game scripts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    I'm not entirely new to RPG Maker, but when I downloaded it a few years back I did nothing but dabble and barely start a half-arsed Final Fantasy ripoff. Pokemon Essentials has got me back into it and I'm making my own Pokemon game now using it.

Anyway, I was looking through the Bug/Error thread, and I want to go in and make the corrections that are suggested in that thread. Unfortunately, most of the corrections that are posted say something like "find the line def pbstartdexscene blah blah, and change it to (X)" But they don't usually post the actual line number.

Instead of spending my day reading through the massive script files line by line to make corrections, I wanted to know if there is a quicker way to find a certain line (since ctrl f does not work in the actual script editor). Should I like, copy the entire contents of the file in question into Microsoft Word and use ctrl f there? Then paste it all back into the script editor? This method seems very prone to screwing stuff up so I thought I'd ask for a better method. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If Ctrl+F somehow doesn't work in the Script Editor for you, then right-click on the code somewhere and select "Find". That'll find a given phrase in the current script section only.

To search all script sections, right-click on the list of script sections instead and do the same.

Back