• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Daycare

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • There was Day Care in Generation I (and their remakes) that would raise a single Pokémon for you to gain levels while you walk around the Kanto region. It is not, however, in Generation II and those remakes, either. It only exists in Gen I's rendition of Kanto.

Did you make use of the Kanto daycare? I've never personally done so, especially in the remakes. I just honestly did not care for the feature.

Years
  • Sparingly, usually I send a pokemon that I fancy myself using at some point, but feel like my team can't support at this time. Perhaps it is underlevelled or won't know any useful moves for awhile, or there are a lot of battles that are not good type matchups for it coming up, yet I don't want this pokemon to fall behind. So in a situation like this I might place the pokemon in daycare, instead of the usual PC storage until the moment where I can fully utilize this pokemon. Daycare is pretty much PC storage with levels. I try to be watchful of pokemon left in daycare since the daycare man deletes pokemon moves when they learn something new, and you can't relearn moves in Gen 1. I scurry back before it reaches a level high enough for him to delete anything useful, or leave a Pokemon that doesn't know moves I will miss.

Daycare isn't very good in Gen 1, but if you time it right it can at least be some extra levels gained while you were walking around the overworld anyway.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    I didn't like the limitations of Gen I's day care center since we could only leave one Pokemon. I did use it once or twice in Red version, but I mainly trained my own Pokemon during most other situations.

Back