• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeRole Interest [UPDATED]

Years
This is PokeRole, which is basically a DnD ruleset for pokemon adventures!

This would be a little different than a regular RP as it would be faster paced/shorter entries as you do an action and get a response back, but I thought it might be fun to try! I've done a tabletop simulator version with voice calls before, but it was a bit difficult to get everyone together/be descriptive without being boring, as well as handling when characters do different interactions at the same time. I thought doing it in a forum structure might be more flexible. There might be a little funkyness as we decide how to best sort actions and do dice rolls (either I do it as the DM or we go by faith).

I'd be looking for 3 - 5 people, I have a campaign from the last one I did in Sinnoh, starting as new trainers.

EDIT: I'm thinking about this again, but having it be a one-shot story instead of something more complicated. It would still be like an introduction into PokeRole, but we'd start with characters who already have some pokemon and some training.

Tentative story is set at a festival in floaroma town (sinnoh). Many events are happening, so the characters don't all have to be trainers, and there will be ways to proceed without strength as well.

Last edited:

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
Years
I'll be interested in joining!

I haven't really played any sort of DnD game before, though I know most of the rules and information from a friend :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 4, 2019
I would be interested I have a link that may help. It has pokemon table top books cant post it because I am too new

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
I think I'd be interested as well! I've never done DnD, but I've heard about it. Also, I've done something kind of similar to what you're proposing, only most of it happened on discord. And the dice were rolled through a bot.

Years
I would be interested I have a link that may help. It has pokemon table top books cant post it because I am too new

I think I'd be interested as well! I've never done DnD, but I've heard about it. Also, I've done something kind of similar to what you're proposing, only most of it happened on discord. And the dice were rolled through a bot.

I'll be interested in joining!

I haven't really played any sort of DnD game before, though I know most of the rules and information from a friend :)

I have the books, don't worry. I think it would be fine even if you haven't played DnD before as it's a different system. I'd take some time to go over the rules and character creation before we start!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2020
I'm interested but not having too much time I would be difficult to play. I'd definitely love to spectate!

Years
Updating this! Anyone still interested?

I'm thinking about this again, but having it be a one-shot story instead of something more complicated. It would still be like an introduction into PokeRole, but we'd start with characters who already have some pokemon and some training. Still looking for 1 - 5 people, I'd probably run the story over the course of a week or two weeks this summer.

Tentative story is set at a festival in floaroma town (sinnoh). Many events are happening, so the characters don't all have to be trainers, and there will be ways to proceed without strength as well.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
This sounds interesting, hope you don't mind me joining in! I've never played DnD before but i've heard about it, is it something with dungeons and roles?

Back