• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
We hunt shinies because it gives our otherwise pitiful and meaningless lives something that we can pretend provides some slight purpose... (Did I sound like i was full of ANGST?! That was my goal). We hunt shinies because it's a challenge... and we're like racoons; obsessed with anything shiny. And like racoon traps, Pokemon draws us in and won't let us out until we manage to miraculously break the system. METAPHORED!

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Yeah it?s true!

We?re all just people with no lives,zombies that are obsessed with shiny,rare things...

?My PRECIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUSSSSS...`

XD

Well...

Mach?s going great!

Level 69 ATM...

Going to attach a Exp.Share to mah Damp Psyduck so in case I find a Shiny Claydol,it won?t Explode in meh face... XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I've been far too busy to hunt lately... I'm a failure... But I have high As in all of my classes, so I'm OK with being a failure.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Your not a failure even still. You've been shiny hunting longer then most people here. You hold the record for number of posts by far in the thread. That may not count for shinies caught, but not only are you an active member, you took over leadership when no one else could. Aaryn left, PazzKat left (though she's back now), and eventualy I left too. But you stayed and kept the shiny hunters club running. And, best of all, you've balanced it with school. I see no failure in anything you've done for the shiny hunters club.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
You deserve some applause for that great mini-speech SGM! ^_^

*Claps like a crowd*

But ryan,the Shiny Aero loser deserves even more! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

*Turns on the football channel*

And Figo is heading to the goal...

He shoots aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...........
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!

*A raging crowd claps like it never saw sunshine*

Wellz...Moving on to SHC business... XD

I have trained only for 5 mins yesterday,because in the time I was playing,I was already sleepy like hell... XD

No Shiny,but Mach is Level 70+ now! ^_^

Going good!

Now I...

*Tunes into Ru channel*

And let?s see who will the next top poster here be...

Will it be me?

Or will ryan be able to keep his place?

Tune into the next episode of Dragonba*cough*...Oops,wrong show...

*Restarts*

Tune into the next episode of SHC Madness to know!

*Snaps fingers and post goes over to PC*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to catch my postcount unless I leave. What was that about TV channels?... You're really a crazy person, do you know that? But thanks, SGM, I appreciate your post. And Runasutaru, you'd do well not to bring up shiney Aerodactyl around me...

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
OK,OK,no more Shiny Aero jokes! XD
And I know I´m crazy...
More specifically...
PSYCHO.

*Points at user title*

Wellz...

I´ve now decided to catch all Altaria I see...

I´ve seen 6 now already!
Caught 3!

Mach is Level 71 now...
And Platinamum(Mah Golduck) is Lvl 35...

Wellz...I´ll see if I´m training Mach in some time or not...

MSN IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! XD

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
Years
Right now I'm EV training a Sroomish on Carvahna, so maybe if im lucky I'll find a shiny one :D . And its really killing me since I can't evolve it until level 54 :dead: since it learns spore then.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ahhh, I was hunting Carvahna once! Well, more than once (the hunt lasted a month or two). But I gave up... *cries*.

Years
(20 Surskits. That's ~2000 encounters with just Breloom/Shroomish. (calculating the variance/probability distribution's much trickier than the average; I'll try for next post.)

PazzKat said:
Pfft SKM, you and your Claydol, we all know shiny spearows are better! >:D Welcome back Mishter. As for pokemon being special because they're shiny? -.^ All pokemon are special, they just kinda look uniform, but they all have their individual tags. >:D You shouldn't rate pokemon to be better just cause their shiny or what not, take Vulpix, born to rule. She looks better non shiny too.
Egads! You've caught up to me in SHC postcount! *posts* (BTW, Golden Vulpix pwnz. Ninetales is a bit more iffy...)

Zootster said:
Right now I'm EV training a Sroomish on Carvahna, so maybe if im lucky I'll find a shiny one :D . And its really killing me since I can't evolve it until level 54 :dead: since it learns spore then.
I feel your pain, but it's all worth it in the end. Mine's now a L72 Breloom with Spore. (yup, all from the Seviper patch XD!)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Wellz...

I´ve trained a bit more Sunday...

Mach(Sanslash)-Lvl 72
Platinanum(Golduck)-Lvl 39
Stereo(Loudred)-Lvl 27

9 Altaria seen,4 caught...
Hellish things...
One died thanks to a Critical Hit,the other one suicided with Perish Song... -_-;;;

Will train on later today... ^__^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
A potential career for Shiny Hunters!:
Yesterday, I was pretty bored and decided to research cryptozoology (because I'd heard a bit about it on the X-Files and it seemed kinda cool). For those who don't know, cryptozoology is the research/tracking of animals presumed to be extinct or fictional. Cryptozoologists have found several animals that had been considered myths (the white rhino, some giant pig thing, and the komodo dragon [among others]). It seems like the SHC could make an awesome band of cryptozoologists some day because we persistantly look for the rarest kinds of creatures. The problem is that most scientific profesionals don't respect cryptozoology... But they're n00bs, so who cares?

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2005
soz went rong
members.lycos.co.uk/.../ img/ShinyMrMime.gif
members.lycos.co.uk/.../ img/ShinyMagikarp.gif
dynamic3.gamespy.com/ ~psypoke/dex/shiny/150.png
dynamic3.gamespy.com/ ~psypoke/dex/shiny/78.png
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex/pokedex.php?id=132
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex/pokedex.php?id=175
i evold togepe
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke...c.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex/pokedex.php?id=374
look on the left pitcher i got the beldrum from stve and bulbasaur by breedin 1 with ditto some i trade from over games

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
umm please dont double post, and welcome to the club if its ok with ryan

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
He didn't ask to be in the club. If you want to join the club, all you have to do is say so, tell us which shinies you've captured, and which game generation you caught them in (eg. gold/silver/... or ruby/sapphire/firered/...)

pokebryce

devoted shiny hunter
Years
hey, just incase you wanted to know my grovyle evolved a few weeks ago
and i've done 30 posts now so am i included in the pokedex

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Well,I did train yesterday...

I?m going to get mah GBA so I can tell ya the levels...

*Gets GBA*
*Turns it on*

Mach(Sandslash)-Lvl 73
Platinanum(Golduck)-Lvl 40
Stereo(Loudred)-Lvl 30

And wellz,no new Altaria...

dragon 34,most of those links aren?t working... -_-;;;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
pokebryce said:
hey, just incase you wanted to know my grovyle evolved a few weeks ago
and i've done 30 posts now so am i included in the pokedex
It's 30 posts in the club to be added to the dex (sorry for the confusion). As of now, you only have 14. If you want to see how many posts you have in any given thread, all you have to do is click the number in the replies column that's in the "~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~ " row. There's a list of all those who have posted and how many posts they each have. Today in international business we watched a South Park episode that made fun of Pokemon. After it was over, people were making fun of it and I'm all like, "Hey, that's uncool" and I told them about how I own 7 Pokemon games, and about how I'm the fearless leader of the SHC. I got respect after that. They were also all impressed by my Gengar pin and that I knew his preevolutions and what ID number he was... ****, I'm a little cool sometimes.

Years
No progress on the Seviper hunt.

ryan said:
A potential career for Shiny Hunters!:
Yesterday, I was pretty bored and decided to research cryptozoology (because I'd heard a bit about it on the X-Files and it seemed kinda cool). For those who don't know, cryptozoology is the research/tracking of animals presumed to be extinct or fictional. Cryptozoologists have found several animals that had been considered myths (the white rhino, some giant pig thing, and the komodo dragon [among others]). It seems like the SHC could make an awesome band of cryptozoologists some day because we persistantly look for the rarest kinds of creatures. The problem is that most scientific profesionals don't respect cryptozoology... But they're n00bs, so who cares?
Oddly enough, I came across something on cryptozoology just now as well, and read of coleacanths (think Relicanth, XD), and Giant Squids.

ryan said:
It's 30 posts in the club to be added to the dex (sorry for the confusion). As of now, you only have 14. If you want to see how many posts you have in any given thread, all you have to do is click the number in the replies column that's in the "~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~ " row. There's a list of all those who have posted and how many posts they each have. Today in international business we watched a South Park episode that made fun of Pokemon. After it was over, people were making fun of it and I'm all like, "Hey, that's uncool" and I told them about how I own 7 Pokemon games, and about how I'm the fearless leader of the SHC. I got respect after that. They were also all impressed by my Gengar pin and that I knew his preevolutions and what ID number he was... ****, I'm a little cool sometimes.
Wow. There's just no way I could pull something like that off. Very impressive. :)

Unrelated, I think you ought to check this quiz out. I believe I have Asperger's (undiagnosed), and one would expect such of people who spend inordainate periods of time searching for especially rare but not particularly useful elements in a video game. ;)

Back