• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Pokéball Plus charging

Years
  • Anyone know how to tell if the Pokeball plus is fully charged. Manual says to charge before use but not how to tell the charge

Midori-Qih

Long time Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm actually wondering the same thing. Asking google brought me here! Mine has been in the charger for a while now, but though Switch already reacts to it, it doesn't show me charge %. Do we see it on the LED display, like does it go green or?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    I got the pokeball plus plugged in in the switch dock should there be a red led light or something to see it is charging because mine does nothing...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've had mine plugged into a usb charger, and other than the noise when plugging it in there's nothing to incdicate chatlrfibg/status

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    Hmm ok i think mine is broken already i don't hear any noice when plugging it in it does nothing can't even turn it on

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    I figured it out! You can see it in the Switch menu! If you have the Pokéball Plus connected to the game while it's running, you can activate the right Joy-Con as your second controller to hit the home button to get into the Switch home menu to then get to the controller menu and see the charge level. It's annoying to have to go through all that, but at least we do have a way of seeing its charge. It should indicate on the led on the ball itself. Red for charging and green for charged or something.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Hmm ok i think mine is broken already i don't hear any noice when plugging it in it does nothing can't even turn it on
    Hi man, just wondering if you actually figured this out because mine won't even shown the white light to use as a controller and doesn't make any sounds, it just vibrates and that's it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    Registered just to answer this question: the only way I could get the Pokeball Plus to pair with my switch was to launch Let's Go. There's a screen at the beginning asking you to choose your controller and pressing the middle button will connect it to the switch. Then as the other user mentioned you can use a different controller to go home and check the charge level in the controller menu. When my controller was fully charged there was no LED indicator on the Pokeball Plus

There's also an update for the controller.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    Mine is broken i can't get it to work it wont charge i can't turn it on nothing

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    I seem to be having an issue with mine as well. I got it to connect to my switch once and as soon after I transferred mew out and into the game it no longer functions correctly. I cant get it to sync with the game anymore and any time I press down on the joystick and will vibrate and then flash red a few times before shutting off. Anyone else figure this dumb thing out? It's so frustrating. And above someone mentioned there was a update for the pokeball? Were you referring to the game or is there a way to update the pokeball itself?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    I seem to be having an issue with mine as well. I got it to connect to my switch once and as soon after I transferred mew out and into the game it no longer functions correctly. I cant get it to sync with the game anymore and any time I press down on the joystick and will vibrate and then flash red a few times before shutting off. Anyone else figure this dumb thing out? It's so frustrating. And above someone mentioned there was a update for the pokeball? Were you referring to the game or is there a way to update the pokeball itself?

I mean that the controller updates the same way you update the joycon in system settings.

Did you charge your Pokeball Plus? Apparently it takes 3 hours to fully charge. It also looks like there's a small black reset button on the back. You could try pressing (perhaps holding) that with a pin and see if that helps at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    I mean that the controller updates the same way you update the joycon in system settings.

Did you charge your Pokeball Plus? Apparently it takes 3 hours to fully charge. It also looks like there's a small black reset button on the back. You could try pressing (perhaps holding) that with a pin and see if that helps at all.

Yes I charged it all night last night, although the only indication I got that it was charging is the noise it makes when plugged in and that was it. I'll try plugging it into the switch dock and see if that does anything and as last resort I'll try a reset. But just find it weird to work somewhat ok till I decided to transfer mew to my game and then it just didn't want to function after. Also was having issues even getting it to work at all with my Pokemon Go app, my phone recognizes it when I paired it, and it shows it in it's list. It even shows it in the list on the Pokemon Go app but it refuses to work at all, always gives me "Issue pairing" or something to that effect, even after trying to unpair and repair, restarting the App and even my phone. Such a pain. But thanks for the reset button info, had no clue that was there.

Years
  • Found this on gamefaqs. Haven't tested yet

If you click in on the joystick and also hold the button on top at the same time, after 4-5 seconds the ring will flash a color at you, if it's green it's 2/3 or higher, yellow is 33% to 66% and red is under 33%

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Ok. Ive just bought my new Pokeball Plus and I?ve just tried the hold the A and B buttons (joystick button and top button) at the same time trick WHILE it was charging (connected to power) and it is currently pulsing yellow. It hasn?t stopped. I think this might be the charge indicator but I will reply to this thread in a couple of hours to update. If it changes colour, I think we may have cracked it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Yes, it?s has now changed colour to green. I think this is it. So, once you?ve put your ball on charge, hold both buttons for about 4-5 secs and it will start pulsing indicating it?s charge, red, yellow and green. I?m curious to see if it changes again when it?s fully charged so I?m gonna leave it charge and respond again in another hour or so. Good luck gamers!

Years
  • Full charge is green. I've not charged mine since I got it and its still on green, but them I'm only using it for strolling

Back