• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie help please

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    Hi all,
    I am intending to get my children into Pokemon TCG, they are 7yrs old. I used to play magic the gathering card game about 20 years ago and have just started the Pokemon online tutorial to try to learn the game.

I've purchased a "XY Trainer Kit Pikachu Libre & Suicine" 2 player learn to play set. I've also purchased a couple of boxes of Evolution booster packs - one of the boxes says "Pokemon Go" the other just "Pokemon" - both say they are Evolution.

My question is this ... can all these cards be merged together to make a couple of decks for 2 people to battle? Or have I got to keep the XY separate from the Evolution cards?

Any other advice for a newly starting player, just playing for fun at home, would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Ratty :)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Hi!

We have a few Daily articles on how to start playing the TCG and where to go when you know how that might be of some use to you, I've linked them below.

DDRox's guide on how to play the TCG

My guide on where to start with playing competitive Pokemon TCG

The Evolution box with "Pokemon GO!" on it is unfortunately fake. But if you guys are only intending to play among your family there really shouldn't be any issue using counterfeits as long as the cards are statistically the same as the original (So the counterfeit Pikachu must have the same HP, attack, attack cost etc as the real version of the card)

Again, for mixing, if you're just playing among yourselves go wild. You haven't got to worry about format rules for casual :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2017
    Hi!

The Evolution box with "Pokemon GO!" on it is unfortunately fake. But if you guys are only intending to play among your family there really shouldn't be any issue using counterfeits as long as the cards are statistically the same as the original (So the counterfeit Pikachu must have the same HP, attack, attack cost etc as the real version of the card)

Beat me to it

Back